October, Crossroads & Pumpkin Spice?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got a wash today at the BB. Needed a wash badly! Nice and clean now.

f0d5d06835015e122eb9bcd19fda2f08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dropped this morning and napped in Nashville. Got nothing! Moved to the J in Franklin KY. Puts me between Nashville and Bowling Green. Plus, they have showers, Walmart doesn't!

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
CRE Rocktober surprise. I told Murray we wanted to go to Pacific Northwest one more time before winter. On the way, 3000 paid miles Bridgeport CT to Seattle WA. AND, pre-booked Monday loaded back to Denver. I love that man

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
CRE Rocktober surprise. I told Murray we wanted to go to Pacific Northwest one more time before winter. On the way, 3000 paid miles Bridgeport CT to Seattle WA. AND, pre-booked Monday loaded back to Denver. I love that man

Nice going.....sweet...Murray does rock....

rumour mill....some carrier now wants a DOT safety done twice a year....when vans don't even require it (except in states that require a year safety) ..but get this...they'll give you a break and only charge you $25.00....or $50.00 on the year if you get it done at their shop...talk about increasing the income stream...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like I am getting the heave ho shortly...wifey has my overnight bag by the door:p....time to go back on the road a i suppose...LOL

Just for kicks, I'll flip on your states and post for tomorrow noon MTN. Maybe someone will go fishing in your pond!

article-2362587-1ACBAFCE000005DC-7_634x331.jpg

great idea... someone might be looking for a Monday pick up
....:) consider Mt and Wy as well..only 250 miles away the east sides

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator

rumour mill....some carrier now wants a DOT safety done twice a year....when vans don't even require it (except in states that require a year safety) ..but get this...they'll give you a break and only charge you $25.00....or $50.00 on the year if you get it done at their shop...talk about increasing the income stream...
Ken, one of my former carriers required one every 4 months. That was 3 a year too many for the vans, in my opinion, but they wanted uniformity with the regulated trucks.

The good thing was that they paid for the inspection if you passed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Ken, one of my former carriers required one every 4 months. That was 3 a year too many for the vans, in my opinion, but they wanted uniformity with the regulated trucks.

The good thing was that they paid for the inspection if you passed.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Some states require yearly safetys anyhow.....just give the carrier a copy of your pass.....this is going way too far by any stretch.....can we O/O's test the new dispatchers for quality then? to level the playing field that is......

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
great idea... someone might be looking for a Monday pick up
....:) consider Mt and Wy as well..only 250 miles away the east sides

Oh ya. I always add MT, WY, ND & SD when you're at home. It's not unlike broker's to pay 300 miles of DH when there are no other trucks out there.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Some states require yearly safetys anyhow.....just give the carrier a copy of your pass.....this is going way too far by any stretch.....can we O/O's test the new dispatchers for quality then? to level the playing field that is......
Of course, to test certain dispatchers we know, should we use a breathalyzer?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
These carriers have to realize or even care...we are not making the money what we once made in the past thanks in part again to them and their partners..we have trimmed down to the bare bones of running to make a profit....these totally unnecessary requirements only adds to our costs and lowers our income...
at Least Murray knows that what seems like a trivial amount in itself like $25 for a CV, that equates to a 1/2 a tank of fuel

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
These carriers have to realize or even care...we are not making the money what we once made in the past thanks in part again to them and their partners..we have trimmed down to the bare bones of running to make a profit....these totally unnecessary requirements only adds to our costs and lowers our income...
at Least Murray knows that what seems like a trivial amount in itself like $25 for a CV, that equates to a 1/2 a tank of fuel

Yes, if you don't think every penny counts these days, your in danger of making some really poor decisions.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Wait, we can make a profit doing this?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wait, we can make a profit doing this?

constant paid honeymoons in your case...LOL

Reactions: ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Yes, if you don't think every penny counts these days, your in danger of making some really poor decisions.
these day CEO's have no idea that a simple .05 can be $5,000 LESS for us nor do they seem to care....or they simple mouth the words they think we want to hear....at least you Murray and Sally have come from the lower branches of evolution in CVing.....:p