October 2018 What nots and other stuff

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes , John E. and his Dispatch Team have Opened my eyes . I met a driver (i knew) from a former company that i was leased to , at the gas pump the other day . We discussed numbers and he acted like i was pulling his leg ... so i showed the APP to him and my weekly numbers .. Wow , he quit bragging Miles in a hurry ..

Money not Miles
Its like the slogan i used to quote, “work smarter not harder.”

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay, so I need another van, of course. Perusing the Penske website, I find both minicubes and Transits, as well as Sprinters. Some of the Transits and all of the Sprinters are diesel.

Question is, do I dare? and under what circumstances?

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Okay, so I need another van, of course. Perusing the Penske website, I find both minicubes and Transits, as well as Sprinters. Some of the Transits and all of the Sprinters are diesel.

Personally I wouldn’t go near a used modern diesel van. I see too many sitting idling all day and night.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Personally I wouldn’t go near a used modern diesel van. I see too many sitting idling all day and night.

I am, of course, aware. Just the same, it depends on the prior use of the vehicle. I’d venture to say that few if any of these vans have been used the way we use them.

Of course I’m only curious. In all seriousness, if I do the Penske thing again, it’ll probably be a minicube (12’ srw GMC).

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Maybe those vans have been upfitted to idle .... :rolleyes:

dpf22222.jpg

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
MT in Toledo, OH. Dash light came on for Batt. last night about 3 hrs from drop. Made it to Wyane’s shop this morning. Shiny new alternator installed, ready to rock!

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
MT in Toledo, OH. Dash light came on for Batt. last night about 3 hrs from drop. Made it to Wyane’s shop this morning. Shiny new alternator installed, ready to rock!

Woof ....
How many miles you have on that jalopy now?
Every month your making Wayne's boat payment ;)

Reactions: NorthernBill

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Woof ....
How many miles you have on that jalopy now?
Every month your making Wayne's boat payment ;)
651,295, hay, we didn’t stop buy for about 12,000 miles. That alternator only lasted about 250,000 miles, was a rebuilt unit. I like boats better then dealers and bankers!

Reactions: Grizzly

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Not our best week
FL - MI - SC
Dropped in Duncan SC at 05:00
66 vans available, gave it the day and now DH home for a scheduled week off.
Leaving you in charge Mr. 3000