O2 Sensor Help.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
:confused: 1999 Chev Express 5.7 / 350 Engine, 200,000 miles body and frame are in good condition and I picked it up for a reasonable price so its worth putting a few bucks into but at the same time I dont want to go broke on it.

I have a bank 1 sensor 2 code that wont go away. I replaced the sensor twice on drivers side behind the cat, I thought I had a dud with the first one. Complete tune up cap and rotor good ones with brass guts and Autolite Platnum spark plugs wires were new and tested good. Just replaced and reflashed the computer, the one on the vehical was corroded inside found it when I chased the O2 sensor wire harness This is hopefuly the answer to this issue. I will have to drive the van to find out if its all good. I do have a fuel pump on hand just in case haven't installed it yet as im still getting fuel. One thing that came to mind was, the batery is older would this be a factor? So far I have abbout 350 bucks into it, any other things I should check, or any experiance with this is helpfull.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Wish I could help ya,, But I cant.
With that said and in my opinion:
If you tried everything you can think and capable of doing yourself in the driveway, Just admit defeat and let GM fix it (or other reputable shop). Sometimes its just best to stop throwing money at wild guessing and get it over with.
It kinda blows but unless you keep up with all the changes to vehicles,fuel systems etc etc.You could be chasing this problem until the cows come home. G/Luck

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I hit the basics with the PM, sensor, and tune up. When I saw the corrosion falling out of the computer I decided to have a mechanic look at it. Besides I dont have the means to re flash the brain anyway. I agree with you I dont belive in just throwing parts at it either but, admitting defeat is never an option so, I just called in the special ops team. I have a good backup mechanic fair price and honest.

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
:confused: 1999 Chev Express 5.7 / 350 Engine, 200,000 miles body and frame are in good condition and I picked it up for a reasonable price so its worth putting a few bucks into but at the same time I dont want to go broke on it.

I have a bank 1 sensor 2 code that wont go away. I replaced the sensor twice on drivers side behind the cat, I thought I had a dud with the first one. Complete tune up cap and rotor good ones with brass guts and Autolite Platnum spark plugs wires were new and tested good. Just replaced and reflashed the computer, the one on the vehical was corroded inside found it when I chased the O2 sensor wire harness This is hopefuly the answer to this issue. I will have to drive the van to find out if its all good. I do have a fuel pump on hand just in case haven't installed it yet as im still getting fuel. One thing that came to mind was, the batery is older would this be a factor? So far I have abbout 350 bucks into it, any other things I should check, or any experiance with this is helpfull.

My ck engine light came on, stayed on and I went to autozone for theor free diagnosis test. They told me it was the passenger side O2 sensor. I replaced it and that was the fix. Go to autozone if your ck engine light is on.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I replaced the same O 2 sensor twice, Ran the harness, full tune up, with premium plugs, cap, and rotor and new ECM waiting for the van back my mechanic is flashing the brain.