NYC question

connienorton

Seasoned Expediter
We have a D-unit. Have a family member we would like to visit who lives in Manhattan. Is there a safe place to park truck for weekend to visit that would be not too far. She can come pick us up.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
The only place that comes to mind is JFK airport in the cargo area.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I'll have to find my post about going to NYC for the first time. Some people included parking suggestions.

)O( ~ Namaste ~ )O(

Deville

Not a Member
Over night parking in Manhattan could be tricky, but possible. Best bet wouuld be on the west side, the west side HWY & 10th ave. There is an area where there are resturant whole salers & they park the trucks on the st. by the loading docks. DSNY also has a large area where they park there trucks on & off the street nearby that previously mentioned area.

The area around the Javits center is also a good spot. There is always somthing going on up there & trucks are always coming & going, parking etc. The important part is to blend in so no LEOS or passer bys give you a second glance.

Good luck.

connienorton

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for the tips. Had heard about Javits but didn't know what it is like and if we could park there for like 3 days. We will probably go check on it during the time once.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the tips. Had heard about Javits but didn't know what it is like and if we could park there for like 3 days. We will probably go check on it during the time once.

No you won't be able to park there for 3 days, they have parking on the street for pu/del when they have a convention going on. Just park at a service area and take a cab to protect your truck from tickets or vandals.

Sent from my ADR6400L using EO Forums

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Paul has a point about vandals. I've seen tons of graffiti artist tag the sides of straight trucks at night while in NYC. Spray paint can damage the paint on an otherwise nice truck.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Paul has a point about vandals. I've seen tons of graffiti artist tag the sides of straight trucks at night while in NYC. Spray paint can damage the paint on an otherwise nice truck.

Phil wrote somewhere about getting tagged in LA. If I remember right they were inside the vehicle waiting to load. Daylight too if I remember correctly.
I wish he'd post what the remedy was to remove the damage. ( how bad was he hit ? What'd it take in time,money/effort to remove the damage ?) Tagging is something I wish on nobody.
Also for anyone that lives in an area with lots of tagging, do you become oblivious to it at some point ?
If I had family/ friends in Manhatten I'd have to secure truck,probably in NJ, and commute in.
Chancemaster rides a train in from the Vince Lombardi Service Plaza. I think he may even take his bike.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
We have a D-unit. Have a family member we would like to visit who lives in Manhattan. Is there a safe place to park truck for weekend to visit that would be not too far. She can come pick us up.

Don,t know if it,s a good idea or not but you might consider the Vince Lombardi a bit far maybe but should be safe.