NYC LONG ISLAND FREIGHT RATES

Rmany

Seasoned Expediter
Researching
Hello does anyone know whether XPO charges customers extra for loads to or from NYC or Long Island? I was told they sell loads to cheaper carriers out from under their own drivers. Thank you.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I don't have a specific answer but many of the larger carriers sub out loads that A- go where there drivers don't want to go, B- go where getting a load back out is not easy, or, C- they can farm out for less than they would pay their own trucks. We get many of the A & B, the C goes to Eastern European mostly.

As far a getting a premium, IMHO, that ship sailed a couple years ago.

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
We still get geographical pay for the five boroughs. On some loads we get an extra pay for the boroughs. $51 and $50. All loads pay the $50 some pay both. $75 for Canada and $75 for hazmat. Most customers still get charged inside pu and del, weekend holiday charge and multiple stop off. I’m in a B unit. C, D and E get paid as well but they get more as the truck gets bigger. .

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinter van, XPO, the few load offers we have had dropping in said area. Yes they offer a premium, not as good as a year ago. Depends on customers requirements.