November's Gabfest...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Good Morning and new month...lets hope we ALL can keep up the busy each of us need...:)

I am so MAD I need to VENT!!!
So, I went to Walmart to pick up a few things, and I noticed this lady was staring at me on the same aisle I was on. No biggie. I moved to the next aisle and here she comes again...STARING! So now I'm like, "WTH", but I finish up my shopping and head to the register. Of course, this same lady was ahead of me...starts staring again. Awkward. So I start playing with my phone so I don't have to look at her. Finally, she says, "I want to apologize for staring at you, but you look exactly like my son that just passed away." I felt really bad after that and gave her my condolences. She says, "thank you...but I have a favor to ask. I understand if you don't want to. Can you give me a hug and say 'bye mom' to me?" Inside I was like "what", but me being the softie that I am, I went ahead and did it. She smiles, thanks me, and leaves. The cashier rings up my stuff and the total comes out to $100.87. I knew something wasn't right because it should have been like $40.00 or so. The girl tells me that my total was included with my mom's. I'm like, "What?!!!" She said, "Your mom said you were paying for her last few items along with your things." I told her that the woman was most definitely NOT my mom. She said, "Well I saw you hug her and heard you call her mom..." I flew out of the store looking for this witch, ready to beat her ass. I see her loading up her car. She saw me and jumped in. I got to her as she was pulling her leg in, so I started pulling her leg just like I'm pulling yours.
PS....You know I would have bought those groceries

:p

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
One reason I don't do my own brakes anymore.....LOL

10453362_629764080494065_6083993703984503460_n.jpg

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
12065681_976745855697236_6449809359045157425_n.jpg

Location: Smyrna Tn @ Walmart.....Good morning gang....overcast again with off and on rain.....new day, new week, new month.....Passed up on an Opportunity to drive all night to end up in the dog pile with 3,000 other vans....

Reactions: ntimevan

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Booked a load on Sunday morning picking up Monday morning in South Beloit going to KY. Sitting at the Madisonville Pilot tonight. It was one heavy 2K skid. First time with a one skid load that I didn't just drop it on the tail. This one, we took an empty skid and pushed it just over, slightly ahead of the rear axle.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Booked a load on Sunday morning picking up Monday morning in South Beloit going to KY. Sitting at the Madisonville Pilot tonight. It was one heavy 2K skid. First time with a one skid load that I didn't just drop it on the tail. This one, we took an empty skid and pushed it just over, slightly ahead of the rear axle.

Maybe keep a couple of 6' 2x4s handy to make it easy on lift drivers. I'm betting they are usually a little inconvenienced by going to get another push pallet. Just sayin.

Last edited: