noob question on where to start!!!

bmw236

New Recruit
Driver
Hey y'all, new to the forums!!!

First and foremost HELLO from the smoky hills of TN!!!

I have my cdl b no endorsements, and a buddy of mine does not have his cdl.

We are hoping to team!

I guess my question here is does anybody know of any good non cdl team operations (prefer a straight truck with more than a coffin), or any companies who would let him ride with me to learn... then test out in their equipment for his cdl and switch to team runs?

I know it may be a lot we are hoping for but here's to hoping!!

CHEERS

bmw236

New Recruit
Driver
i know a lot of y'all may be at the expo (man wish i would've gone) so here's to hoping when it's over..... someone may perhaps have some insight for me??? :)

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to EO......

I wish I could have an answer for you, but don't. Be patient, someone will chime in before long.

bmw236

New Recruit
Driver
Thank for the welcoming Ragman!!

No worries I don't expect everyone to be able to answer this one :p

and I sure will thank you!

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
welcome ,start on the home page and contact every recuiter you can and write down what they say then ask questions,how many miles a week can you get ,rate per mile ,how busy are you,what kind of equipment do you use.
and so on.

smokeybandit23

New Recruit
Researching
Hey y'all, new to the forums!!!

First and foremost HELLO from the smoky hills of TN!!!

I have my cdl b no endorsements, and a buddy of mine does not have his cdl.

We are hoping to team!

I guess my question here is does anybody know of any good non cdl team operations (prefer a straight truck with more than a coffin), or any companies who would let him ride with me to learn... then test out in their equipment for his cdl and switch to team runs?

CHEERS

Welcome bmw236! I'm a newbie myself. Hope everything works out with you and your partner. How is your partner coming along with his CDL traning btw?

ATeam

Retired Expediter

Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

Successful straight-truck expediters don't have hope, they have CDLs, meaningful goals, plans to achieve them and the work ethic to make it happen.

Reactions: TeamPaul

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die.

Successful straight-truck expediters don't have hope, they have CDLs, meaningful goals, plans to achieve them and the work ethic to make it happen.

Excellent reply, thank you!

TeamHutch

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Obtaining a Cdl b can be somewhat easy. I have seen and heard many folks taking their bus driving experience, construction truck experience, and using that to get into expediting. Getting a b Cdl can be as easy as just studying, going down to take the written, then you with a Cdl can rent a truck from Penske to take your friend to take his behind the wheel test. It's this easy in Texas at least.

Reactions: Turtle and TeamPaul

smokeybandit23

New Recruit
Researching
^ Agreed. There are some great practice quizzes online as well for your partner that I discussed on another thread that I'd be happy to link over. Anything to help.

Reactions: TeamHutch

TeamPaul

Expert Expediter
Researching
My wife got her CDL books from Amazon, studied them, took the test at the DMV, and got her learners permit. Later, she used some of her fathers inheritance to go through the driving course at a local community college... two weeks later she had a class A. Total cost was about $1200+

bmw236

New Recruit
Driver
Thank you all for the great responses. We are going the route as mentioned he has obtained his written/permit and we will be renting a truck and go that route

Reactions: TeamHutch

smokeybandit23

New Recruit
Researching
Congrats on making that decision! Hoep you and your partner do well in this next step of your career. Have you begun to look into carriers/where to rent from?

bmw236

New Recruit
Driver
We have indeed....we have talked to a few carriers and so far MAyfield Express seems to be promising. We will be renting the truck through Penske