No Post--4 months

muleteam1

Expert Expediter
Well folks I just couldn't take it any longer.
Had to relieve myself of the "D" business.Nothing to say about the Expediting Companies. Just couldn't make the $'s necessary to continue in that business. FSC wasn't keeping up with the expense of fuel and all I was doing was was working for the oil companies.So-it-goes..

I traded my KW T-300,which was a darn nice truck, and bought a new KW T-600 and went back to the New North American (STI) Hitachi division.
I think my timing was as good as it could be. Fuel went stupid and I receive an FSC comparable to the cost and thats on all miles LDD and
MT as is my cpm. I made a move and yes ! call me lucky.

Good luck to the lot of you.Those that are still at it and those that aren't..

muleteam1

;)

BigDiesel

Expert Expediter
>Well folks I just couldn't take it any longer.
>Had to relieve myself of the "D" business.Nothing to say
>about the Expediting Companies. Just couldn't make the $'s
>necessary to continue in that business. FSC wasn't keeping
>up with the expense of fuel and all I was doing was was
>working for the oil companies.So-it-goes..
>
>I traded my KW T-300,which was a darn nice truck, and bought
>a new KW T-600 and went back to the New North American (STI)
>Hitachi division.
>I think my timing was as good as it could be. Fuel went
>stupid and I receive an FSC comparable to the cost and thats
>on all miles LDD and
>MT as is my cpm. I made a move and yes ! call me lucky.
>
>Good luck to the lot of you.Those that are still at it and
>those that aren't..
>
>
>
>muleteam1
>
>;)

Must not be to bad if your buying another truck and running for probably less money than you would be in expediting.

tiredofsittn

Expert Expediter
there are some general freight companies that pay % getting in on expedite, d-unit loads paying 2.50,3.00 dollars a mile to the truck, there is some general frieght for the same companies paying almost what these big expedite companies are paying per mile.

tigger

Expert Expediter
I am a female driver and I heard about the d-load...what kind of truck do u need...and where do u find them...I am saving money to buy one....which should have enough in 6 mths...I heard that they pay great compare to exp...

please reply....

dukesadog

Expert Expediter
I read alot of these posts and see what you expediter guys make. Anytime you want me to post a copy of an old settlment sheet 1995-00 from North American HVP let me know. I made 137k my first year there in the crane fleet...I was never home (356 days logged out in 98) and got divorced but I made $$ :) Then again fuel was like 60 cents a gallon too but I did have a blast.

I don't quite know where that "if you dont drive an expediter" you cant make real money comes from. I do think its funny though that Muleteam bashed one of my earlier posts regarding NAVL and now he's back there...

dukesadog
NAVL #T-503
(retired)

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I learned to drive at NAVL way back when in their driving school. And a ##### good one too. Bought my first truck thru them too, it was a 1980 spring loaded butt thumpin' GMC. Boy was I green! I moved right into their blanket wrap division, and then switched over to Mayflower a few months later. Both of those places gave alot of greenhorns like me their start.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Anybody had the wonderfull experience of running for Merchants Home Delivery ??