No HazMat Team/Solo?

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
real quick... seeking good truck with good O/O, that lets me handle the freight and the hometime. I can team with a smoker, or run solo (i don't smoke). Drink and drug free.
Team mate would be from upstate SC near where I reside.

Would run straight truck or Semi. Intending to go for HazMat. Have Tanker end.

history is: 10 years driving commercially in 48 states, have run in Canada with trucks and busses too.

Married with kids, so is potential team mate. 33 and 31 years old.

Send me a private e-mail if any recruiters are interested in 2 good drivers who take pride in their ride and strive for great customer service.

BigBusBob

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Nobody will respond to it after 88 views? Fine, I'll respond to myself.
Well, Bob - You posted on the wkend of the ExpeditersExpo - what do you expect? They're all busy at the Expo!
Besides, until you get your HazMat,
most owners have no need for you in nearly all the co.'s in expedited freight.

Guess you better get set to settle into a big rig again
with a Big Name Co. runnin' 18's only.

Sincerely Your inner self, BOB.
Smile!

Look, this drivers' even got a sense of humor! Ha, I crack myself up!

yaaintdeadyet

Expert Expediter
That makes it pretty clear Bob, you're more knowledgable regarding your post than any other. That's all I've got to say. I defer to the sidelines waiting for your next reply. Thanks.

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I know of a really nice guy that is looking for a team partner. His current partner just gave him notice that he is buying a truck and will be leaving him. PM if you would be interested in speaking with him. He is leased on with Tri-State, gets really good miles. He's been with Tri-State over 10 years.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'd run with him if I knew the guy... I'm looking 2 b the main driver, u get into situations where you're teaming with a truck owner and many times (and I don't blame them) all they want to do is run run and run some more. I'm not saying I want to stop and smell the roses at every ramp... I want to run, but I also don't want to kill myself either. Been there and done that.

The ideal owner that would take me on would let me handle the freight and truck. They would understand I do have a family to support... but also that I should have some time with... maybe not every wkend, but 8 to 10 days out with 3 to 4 off would b ideal... Everything is negotiable. There would be times I'd want to run very hard and other times just run the truck good. They take care of fuel/tolls and maintenance, and give me/us 40% of the load and all is good. We'll buy the weekly truck washes and chrome polish. We'll even throw chains on. Weather and terrain don't scare us.

The truck would Very well taken care of. The customers would be made to feel like royalty. And the owners... well they would just be proud - what more can an owner ask for? besides money - and they'd get that too.

Simple right? Not proving to be.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
"I do have a family to support... but also that I should have some time with... maybe not every wkend, but 8 to 10 days out with 3 to 4 off would b ideal.."

There are others here more qualified to give you feedback than me. I will say from reading the above you may want to do some more research before jumping into expediting.

BigBusBob

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have worked expediting before, for more than 1 O/O. Having nearly 12 years of driving all kinds of equipment, locally and over the road.... I believe I know what I'm getting myself into. This post has made it clear that unless I have a HazMat end., nobody in expediting wants me... therefore it's back long and short hauling in regular freight in an 18 wheeler.

Thank you Bob, your observations have been very educating.