NFL 2019-2020

muttly

Veteran Expediter
KC defense jumps offside and gives Tenn. a first down. Then they jump offside again on the very next play. This looks like a long day for KC's defense.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Very good career, but wonder if he'll make the HOF.

I think this is one of the most silly talking points created by a stat driven culture that doesn't understand football.

Most SB wins by QB:

Brady - 6
Montana - 4
Bradshaw - 4
Aikman - 3
Griese - 2
Starr - 2
Staubach - 2
P Manning - 2
Plunkett - 2
Roethlisberger - 2
Elway - 2
Eli Manning - 2

He beat the greatest football dynasty we've ever seen, Patriots, and the top guy on the list in the SB not once .... but twice.
In 16 yrs as an NFL QB Eli never missed a game due to injury.

Eli is a Hall of Fame QB.

Reactions: Treadmill

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I think this is one of the most silly talking points created by a stat driven culture that doesn't understand football.

Most SB wins by QB:

Brady - 6
Montana - 4
Bradshaw - 4
Aikman - 3
Griese - 2
Starr - 2
Staubach - 2
P Manning - 2
Plunkett - 2
Roethlisberger - 2
Elway - 2
Eli Manning - 2

He beat the greatest football dynasty we've ever seen, Patriots, and the top guy on the list in the SB not once .... but twice.
In 16 yrs as an NFL QB Eli never missed a game due to injury.

Eli is a Hall of Fame QB.
Those are Super Bowl performances. That's not something that should be the determining factor for the HOF. There are plenty of players that had decent careers but had great Super Bowl performances. They don't get in because of it.
It should be about a player's entire career. His completion percentage was, most of the time, not great. He threw a lot of interceptions as well.
I do think some homer bias is at play here regarding Eli.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those are Super Bowl performances. That's not something that should be the determining factor for the HOF. There are plenty of players that had decent careers but had great Super Bowl performances. They don't get in because of it.
It should be about a player's entire career. His completion percentage was, most of the time, not great. He threw a lot of interceptions as well.
I do think some homer bias is at play here regarding Eli.

There are 12 people to have ever played in the NFL and won 2 or more Super Bowls as the starting QB.

It's a team sport.

Try looking up Dan Fouts' career stats.

I realize it's tough to understand if your team has never won a Super bowl .... :JC-hysterical:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
There are 12 people to have ever played in the NFL and won 2 or more Super Bowls as the starting QB.

It's a team sport.

I realize it's tough to understand if your team has never won a Super bowl .... :JC-hysterical:
In his 16 year career, Eli NEVER was an All Pro. Nuff said.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In his 16 year career, Eli NEVER was an All Pro. Nuff said.

Eli is a Super Bowl MVP ..... twice! How many players have ever done that? Here's a clue, it's a shorter list than the previous one.

Nobody plays the game for Pro Bowl appearances. Do they even have the Pro bowl anymore? Let me know what the ratings are for the Pro Bowl vs the Super Bowl ...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Eli is a Super Bowl MVP ..... twice! How many players have ever done that? Here's a clue, it's a shorter list than the previous one.

Nobody plays the game for Pro Bowl appearances. Do they even have the Pro bowl anymore? Let me know what the ratings are for the Pro Bowl vs the Super Bowl ...
Not Pro Bowl. Voted ALL PRO. There's a difference. Best at your position in whole league: All Pro. He wasn't a top five QB most years he was in the league.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not Pro Bowl. Voted ALL PRO. There's a difference. Best at your position in whole league: All Pro. He wasn't a top five QB most years he was in the league.

Who cares ....?!
Oh, I forget ..... the haters do .....

Btw the answer to the previous question is exactly 5! Five players have won multiple Super Bowl MVPs as the starting quarterback: Brady, Montana, Starr, Bradshaw & guess who?

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Why isn't former Washinton Redskins running back Timmy Smith in the HOF? No other running back carried for more yards (204) than him in a SuperBowl vs.the Denver Broncos.
In fact, the other 9 running backs that had the next most rushing yards are ALL in the HOF.
Why isn't he in the HOF? Because haters.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

It's a team sport.

Let alone 1 playoff game in over 50+ yrs.

Reactions: Grizzly and Ragman