NFL 2019-2020

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, I'll play along ...
Who are you going to replace Patricia with?
His contract runs through 2022 ... he's not going anywhere imo ...
I really don't know or care. Just replace them or it will be proof of SoL (same ol lions).

Bob Quinn fired Jim Caldwell because making the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons wasn't good enough.

'Nuff said.

Reactions: RoadTime

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I really don't know or care. Just replace them or it will be proof of SoL (same ol lions).

Bob Quinn fired Jim Caldwell because making the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons wasn't good enough.

'Nuff said.

The Lions have had 8 head coaches since 2000. It appears that the coaching carousel is the same old Lions.

I think Patricia will be on the Lions sideline next year ...

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

'Nuff said.

I would be highly surprised if it happened this year. The rather severe injury bug excuse alone will get him a 3rd season, on what started as a promising looking season

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: Grizzly

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I would be highly surprised if it happened this year. The rather severe injury bug excuse alone will get him a 3rd season, on what started as a promising looking season

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
The injury bug effects all teams.

End of excuse.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Those of you from SE Mich should recognize this...
attachment.php

• Haha
Reactions: RoadTime

muttly

Veteran Expediter
I don't gèt why people are against the Fords owning the Lions. Throughout their history they have let the GM and coach try to build a winning team and have given them ample time to do so. Been loyal almost to a fault, but gave them an opportinity to win.They've hired former Super Bowl head coaches, successful assistant coaches to be HC. They've also tried successful College HC as well. Just hasn't always worked out. Maybe they should cheat more, like the Patriots.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't gèt why people are against the Fords owning the Lions. Throughout their history they have let the GM and coach try to build a winning team and have given them ample time to do so. Been loyal almost to a fault, but gave them an opportinity to win.They've hired former Super Bowl head coaches, successful assistant coaches to be HC. They've also tried successful College HC as well. Just hasn't always worked out. Maybe they should cheat more, like the Patriots.
Maybe the problem hasn't been the coach.
Maybe the problem has been higher up.
Who gets the players? The GM.
Who gets the G.M.......
Th Fords...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Maybe the problem hasn't been the coach.
Maybe the problem has been higher up.
Who gets the players? The GM.
Who gets the G.M.......
Th Fords...
The Fords have tried every combination to try to be successfull and let the GM and HC make player decisions. They don't interfere, so just hasn't worked out.

Reactions: Grizzly

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That's some betting line between the Vikings & Lions, 13 pts ... woof ...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The Fords have tried every combination to try to be successfull and let the GM and HC make player decisions. They don't interfere, so just hasn't worked out.

Maybe its time for the Fords to stop being so loyal and demand accountability.
62 years is long enough.
Maybe it's time to sell the team.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
The Patriots motto: If you ain't cheating you're not trying.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Maybe its time for the Fords to stop being so loyal and demand accountability.
62 years is long enough.
Maybe it's time to sell the team.
The last paragraph is interesting:
“I really think the Ford program, Ford ownership, has been more patient than most owners ever would be,” Vermeil said. “I mean, and I respect that. And I think if they maintain that intelligence, maintain that philosophy, they’ll be rewarded.”

muttly

Veteran Expediter
What a crock. 3 NFL games played today and all of them are on the NFL Network. I'm old enough to remember when you could watch the Saturday NFL games for free.