News for Oklamoma Registrants

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Talked with Fern Bennett, and there is some bad news for any Oklahoma registrant. The ruling for next year will not allow many of us to register there anymore. Only owners or companies with physical presence in OK will be allowed to. That is, unless the company you are leased to has a presence in OK or you actually live there, you will not be allowed to re-register. This is going to create some problems for many of us, so I thought I would let you all know ASAP so other plans can be made well ahead of time.
-Weave-

paperback1

Expert Expediter
I didn't know about this, I too live in NY. I wonder how much it'll cost to transfer plates and registration from OK to NY?? If you find out anything PLEASE post it

NO NECK

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I talked to Fern Bennett on Monday. Her Phone # was changed, so I called the new # and found out that she had to lay off all the help and move her business into the house, and some into storage. The new laws hurt her pretty bad. She can still access most of her accounts on the computer, but she is now only doing Oklahoma resident accounts. Someone at the State House pulled her aside and told her non residents weren't even being processed. I started moving my registration to PA a month and a half ago and I'm still having headaches. Hopefully got it all straightened out today. Most of the trouble is just getting a PA title, trivial problems but still a headache. I would advise all non resident OKlahoma to start the move as soon as possible. Told Fern I appreciated all her help through the years and wished her luck. She sounded pretty down. Give her a call or send a nice card if you feel led to do so, I know she would appreciate it.

Speed Safely,

No Neck :+

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
The problem won't be so much in plate and title transferring as it will be the non trucking liability insurance Paperback. Not too many companies want to touch NY as the laws are very complex. I did come up with one place today that will write a policy though. Crump Insurance, 800-410-5686. If you have the NTL through your lease company now, you might want to contact them, as more than likely the company won't cover NY for the NTL. If you can find out anything, let us know. Thanks,
-Weave-

paperback1

Expert Expediter
I talked with OOIDA, and Donna gave me the name of an insurance company that might be able to help. Sparks Insurance (800) 792- 1205
I haven't called them yet since I might be able to register my trucks in Illinois, since I still own property there. But I hope this helps folks out.