Newer model GM vans daytime running lights

MSinger

Expert Expediter
Did GM change the daytime running lights on their full-size vans from the amber turn signal lights back to the headlights. I have noticed the newer Penske GMC's are utilizing the headlights like they did prior to 2003. I didn't know if it was a GM thing or a Penske thing. Personally I think the amber ones are more noticeable but I have also heard complaints about the number of bulbs that burn out with that combination. Just curious.

duramaxvan

Seasoned Expediter
MSinger,
My 08 Chevy uses the headlights for running lights. I am able to turn them off, but it goes back to auto when you start the engine next time.

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
The cure for the bulb burn out is to buy LL (long life) type bulbs. I've replaced most of mine with them and definitely last longer. In canuck land we have to have the drls running all the time but on the Sprinter all the lights are on while the engine is running.
Rob

MSinger

Expert Expediter
MSinger,
My 08 Chevy uses the headlights for running lights. I am able to turn them off, but it goes back to auto when you start the engine next time.

Thank you sir, that answers my question. I just had not noticed any vans other than the Penske's with that set up. I guess not too many expediters buying new vans these days.

duramaxvan

Seasoned Expediter
Thank you sir, that answers my question. I just had not noticed any vans other than the Penske's with that set up. I guess not too many expediters buying new vans these days.

I wish that I was one of the ones that didn't buy one, I'm looking for work now.