newbies in the biz

garebel

Seasoned Expediter
hello,ex expeditor from 2000-2003 would like some feedback and opinions on the new world of expediting since it has made a 360 turn-around since i drove..i ve been reading the forum over a yr now and cant decide wheather to make the jump back..was a straight truck owner for tri-state and would likely do the sprinter if i re-enter..thanks to all!!

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I would be interested to hear more about the industry 360 degree turnaround you mentioned. Diane and I have been in the business since 2003. You have been out of it since then. We have seen changes, as I am sure you did when you were in the business. Your prespective would be unique with the gap in service that you have. Can you say more about the turnaround you see?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Just to clarify. Are you looking for feedback only from newbies or to include newbies?

As for a 360 degree turn around, are you saying we are back to the conditions of 2003?

eb

garebel

Seasoned Expediter
thanks for the feedback,,all from newbies and oldies..when i was expediting seems it was maybe 70% auto,20%catipiler10%misc,,detroitwas the place to go for a load,,staying from tenn east was the best way to make a good living..avg3500-5000 week for a team was how it seemed to work for us,,thanks for your replies