Huntercast

Rookie Expediter
Whats a good rule of thumb, for a new driver?

Tips on between loads, positioning yourself for next load?

Thank you

any tips are greatly appreciated

letsdrive

Seasoned Expediter
My opinion if your doing surface freight stay in the freight lanes learn what are busier it seems to work for me. I stay steadily buisy. Yet what works for me may not for someone else. This is my opinion id avoid going places where your going have to deadhead a bunch to get back on freight unless your in a white glove truck then that case you guys write out your own checks lol

Reactions: Isaac Speicher

dalejrroks

Active Expediter
If you are driving for a fleet owner I would discuss this with them. After all you are in what I consider a partnership with them and working together can only benefit you both. If you are a new o/o then I would suggest you talk the other drivers and o/o that are with your carrier and have the same equipment. Of course that is in addition to asking here.

jjtdrv4u

Expert Expediter
Whats a good rule of thumb, for a new driver?

Tips on between loads, positioning yourself for next load?

Thank you

any tips are greatly appreciated

and this my good friends, is why there is a constant turnover thru a revolving door with all the expedite companies, just saying.

generally, all these companies only are looking at one load at a time, not the next load, or the next one after the last load. What it costs you is of no concern to them. This is survival of the fittest at its best. This is pure capitalism, pure entrepreneurialism at its finest,
good luck.