Newbie saying hello

stageson

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Hey all,

Appreciate all the info. Some great reads here and a ton of life experience. I am in my mid 40's looking at a possible career change. Kids are all grown, yes I married early and we had kids right off the bat. I had three years driving for Fedex Home Delivery, that was 5 years ago. Live in the Savannah GA area. I have a CDL B and have been driving bus for a local school system. Wife does not have a CDL, but we would be interested in team driving, as it seems that solo work is hard to find. Just a little bit about me, not sure there is any real question in here, just putting out some feelers...trying to get an idea of what is out there.

At this point it looks like driving for a fleet owner would be the first step, then looking to buy a vehicle and lease on with a company. If there are any good fleet owners who would hire a single in the hopes of a future H/W team that might be an interesting conversation to have as well.

Thanks for looking and accepting me to the forum.

Scott

vandriver2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey all,

Appreciate all the info. Some great reads here and a ton of life experience. I am in my mid 40's looking at a possible career change. Kids are all grown, yes I married early and we had kids right off the bat. I had three years driving for Fedex Home Delivery, that was 5 years ago. Live in the Savannah GA area. I have a CDL B and have been driving bus for a local school system. Wife does not have a CDL, but we would be interested in team driving, as it seems that solo work is hard to find. Just a little bit about me, not sure there is any real question in here, just putting out some feelers...trying to get an idea of what is out there.

At this point it looks like driving for a fleet owner would be the first step, then looking to buy a vehicle and lease on with a company. If there are any good fleet owners who would hire a single in the hopes of a future H/W team that might be an interesting conversation to have as well.

Scott
Lots of Trucking Companies looking for Husband/Wife Teams!

Reactions: paulnstef39

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

Scott
Welcome to EO.

Jump right in and join the insanity.

_Smiley-insanity.gif

Reactions: ntimevan