New unleaded fuel surcharge

tyoung

Expert Expediter
Where are these guys getting there numbers from? They have dropped our van fuel surcharge for gas vans down to 11.6 cents!!?? How do they expect us to continue? And then every offer I received today was at least 360 miles DH. Future not looking so bright here. Other carriers are probably loving this. Seeing our van fleet shrink significantly with these latest cuts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using EO Forums mobile app

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Where do you find that info? I just checked the extranet and they aren't showing it on the fsc page. I did notice though, under news and updates, they have a list of the most active express centers for 2011. :rolleyes:

tyoung

Expert Expediter
I'm basing it on the offers I received today. When I calculate the dh miles into the dh fsc.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That makes sense. Have you emailed your CC or anyone to ask about it?

tyoung

Expert Expediter
Spent most of the day on the phone with several people. They basically said they don't know if it's right or not. But nobody there could tell me what they are calling the "average" price for gas. That's disturbing to me. They are supposedly checking into it. Not holding my breath for that reply. Until they determine whether it's correct, we are stuck with it the way it is.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Will we are just another regular freight hauler o/o and drivers my personal opinion but what really **** me the **** of is they are still charging the customer like a expediter carrier but we are getting paid like we just came out from tractor trailed school !!!! Big different then be in HQ in ohio then be out here on the real world

tyoung

Expert Expediter
I agree. They actually sent a load to me today with 386 mile DH and 50 loaded miles. The pay was 188.00! Wtf is up with that?

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
I agree. They actually sent a load to me today with 386 mile DH and 50 loaded miles. The pay was 188.00! Wtf is up with that?

Should have accepted it ! It will position you better in the dispatch que ranking allowing you a better chance to move even more money losing freight. More miles for everyone !

tyoung

Expert Expediter
Latest offer of 487 total miles. Fsc is 57.47 total. Not bad seeing it's gonna cost me well over 100.00. Think it's time to start looking elsewhere.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
The new FSC chart was part of the contract addendum owners signed.
E units went from 6 mpg to 6.5 mpg as the computing avg.
the website for the avg fuel & diesel price is www.eia.gov