New Truck Tires

Made In Detroit

Seasoned Expediter
Can somebody give me a ballpark figure on how much it costs to buy a new set of 6 tires for a D-Unit? Will probably go with recaps for the drives, but a figure for a set of new drives as well would be very helpful.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I recently bought a set of Goodyear's best steer tires. The MSRP was about $1150 a pair. Using the Panther Partner program they cost me about $650 out the door. If you have any sort of partner buying program with your carrier I'd check with them. If you are totally on your own I'd call a T/A and Speedco as well as looking for an independent tire shop near home to call. Good luck.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just purchased new drives last week for $1400.00 out the door. Purchase made at the T/A Binghamton, NY. Also had brakes done at same time.

We had gotten an un-repairable flat in the construction zone on Interstate 86 but the need to replace them was due before winter anyway.

(Steers were replaced approximately one month ago too for a cost of $429.00 each.)

-mcbride-
--What goes around comes around--

heel4you

Expert Expediter
Leo,
Tell me more about the Panther Partner program. I did not hear anything about it at orientation. I need to get drive tires before the weather turns ugly.
Thanks,
Laura

ATeam

Retired Expediter
For FedEx drivers, Goodyear has a big discount program for you; at least they did the last couple times fleet owners had us buy tires for their trucks. There is a program number we gave the dealers. The savings were substantial, along the same lines Leo reported. Check the FedEx Extranet or your contract coordinator for more info.

mhoy40

Expert Expediter
bought two new steers at the tire shop across from the fort wayne less than 600 out the door drive i buy from shrader tire in ypsilanti recap 236 each out the door.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Suggestions from other drivers Tractors and 6 wheelers. DO NOT PUT RECAPS ON EITHER OF THESE. Trailers yes.

The damage they cause when they let go is not worth the small savings up front.

$1,400 for rears is close and probably another $600 to $700 for steers, Bridgestones.