New to expedite

mastercookie

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
Hello can someone please help & give information on van/cargo expediting. How do i get loads with companies to move for them? Will i need a mc number and or Authority? Do all brokers require mc or ca number? How can i get loads with my cargo van.???

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hello can someone please help & give information on van/cargo expediting. How do i get loads with companies to move for them? Will i need a mc number and or Authority? Do all brokers require mc or ca number? How can i get loads with my cargo van.???

Easiest way is to sign on with a existing carrier,if you can find good one that’s taking on vans,

Sent from lost in space.

Reactions: Shotcallerj

Shotcallerj

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sign on to a company that is taking on van drivers (not as an owner op) Get experience and learn the business.... Then become an owner operator.

Reactions: Davey1980

Davey1980

New Recruit
Driver
I also just started about 3 months ago driving for a fleet owner. I have almost 30,000 MI on my van. I'm very frustrated because right now I'm driving for 19 cents per mile at 3:00 a.m. on a 16-hour run. I'm starting to wonder if I should buy my own van? Any experienced expeditors looking to mentor me would be greatly appreciated.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I also just started about 3 months ago driving for a fleet owner. I have almost 30,000 MI on my van. I'm very frustrated because right now I'm driving for 19 cents per mile at 3:00 a.m. on a 16-hour run. I'm starting to wonder if I should buy my own van? Any experienced expeditors looking to mentor me would be greatly appreciated.

Even driving for a fleet owner, Your CPM is horrible, and/or the company is a real bottom feeder on rates. If your filling to work just as hard, enjoy what your doing, and have somewhere you can work with your own van. I would not waste another mile with this fleet owner. Go buy your own van ASAP! And (my preference) lease on with a reputable carrier.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums