New Tech Forum

BanditMan

Expert Expediter
Is there a target date for the new tech forum to be up and running?
I've got a feeling that ole Weave is going to be kept busy once it is.
Perhaps with the first few months of the year being notoriously slow, it would be a good time to "wear the new off of it".

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm not even sure myself when it will be up and running, but I'm looking forward to it!
-Weave-

Larry

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Weave: I think that this forum could be a great resource for owner/operators; which is obvious by the interest generated. Do you have some plans for the format? In the original proposal for the site, it was suggested that a search be done through the archives to pull up previous topics and to alphabetically list them so that if a person had a question which had been previously asked, they could go to that FAQ section and check it out. We could then have a section for current discussion; and then when that topic was thuroughly discussed, it could be transfered to the FAQ section.

Just some thoughts.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hi Larry, Just some info for ya!!!

Your thoughts and suggestion are a big help to the guys behind the scenes. Those guys building and maintaining the EO site love hearing all our ideas. You may want to address your opinions and suggestions to Lawrence . He will forward them to the right people.

To you Weave! Thanks for the tips on the van in the other post. I will certainly use the help. I don't haul all that much weight to warrant the extra springs, but that is some real good info. I will check into the specs of adding what to where. Then If I have it done I will know what I can haul and be legal. I do an average of 160000 a year so now I know when to start watching for signs of the tranny going bad. If there are any signs! Does anyone know what they may be?????

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
TEACEL HOW YA DOING? FIRST OF ALL I'M NOT A MECHANIC AND WON'T EVER CLAIM TO BE ONE BUT AS FAR AS WARNING SIGNS GO ON TRANSMISSIONS, I KNOW THAT WHEN THEY GET OVERHEATED YOU SURE CAN SMELL THE TRANS. FLUID, ALSO WATCHING FOR DISCOLORATION OF THE FLUID ALONG WITH THE FLUID SMELLING BURNT WHEN LOOKING AT THE DIPSTICK SHOULD CAUSE A RED FLAG TO POP UP. IF I WERE USING A VEHICLE WITH AN AUTO TRANS IN IT I'D HAVE A TRANS COOLER INSTALLED IF IT DIDN'T COME WITH ONE. REGULAR OIL & FILTER CHANGES WHEN REQUIRED BY MANUFACTURE HELP TO KEEP THEM HEALTHY TOO! TAKE CARE! & HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!:) SHARP327