New Rigmaster

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just had a new Rigmaster installed on my 2004 M2 a couple of weeks ago at Espar of Michigan. This past week I was in the East, and one afternoon it was 95 degrees in New York, with a heat index of 105.

I fired up the Rigmaster when I shut down the truck that evening, and I was actually cold in the bunk until I increased the desired temperature.

I had a Rigmaster on the truck which I recently sold, and had been pleased with it. However, this new one with the electronic control panel is much better. Although I haven't used it yet, I paid the extra $200 for the autostart feature, which lets you start the Rigmaster while you are away from the truck based on time & date, temperature, low battery, etc. This feature will allow you to start the Rigmaster during cold weather and let it charge up the batteries, and heat up the block heater, and heat the truck while you are still home having breakfast with your sweetheart.

I have recommended Rigmaster during previous posts, but I must say that the new model is even nicer than the old one. Those of you who will attend Expedite Expo will want to stop and talk with Ray about Rigmaster. Mike

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Having just begun to research APU's again I'm glad to read this. Did you look at any other units before choosing Rigmaster or did you go straight to it since you'd had it before? That autostart does look like a good option, especially for keeping the batteries up while away from the truck. No more worry of the refrigerator running them down while on home time or other similar problems. The only thing I don't like about it so far is no shore power option.

Leo
truck 4958
73 KE5FJG

Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

mikecop

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I did look at a couple of options other than Rigmaster when I went to the MidAmerica Truck Show in March, but never really considered the others. After reading some of the posts about ProHeat problems I was convinced that I had made the right decision with Rigmaster.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I agree - Ray Lawrence is a outstanding guy. He has bent over backwards to help O/O's we have sent to him.

https://www.expeditersonline.com/sub/espar/index.html

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Sacred cows make the best burgers

"So tell me, are those cookies made with real Girl Scouts?"

Sometimes the squeaky wheel doesn't get the grease, it just gets replaced

You can't tell a book by its movie

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

FJK1954

Expert Expediter
Thanks for the link..lawrence..just talked to ray and he is going to try to help me with my problem....frank