New Phone number

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If you call the VRU today, there is a new phone number given that we can program in our phones. If your status shows as 'En route" and your truck is moving, this will route you directly to a live agent, bypassing the VRU, thus satisfying the 'one button' calling requirement of the new cell phone rules.

The message says if you are NOT moving, it will route you to the VRU. I'm trying to figure this one out... but my guess is, the caller id will check your phone number, and check your status real quick before connecting you.

Good idea .. IF it works as planned.

Dale

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
:eek::eek: NO you don't mean this fancy equipment can instantly locate and identify us and indicate we are moving or stopped!!! Why, with a system like that we won't need to do 1970's-80's express center check in/out anymore. That can and will replace it in a modern and current fashion. We can be like the other companies that are in the current century and wearing big boy pants now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
No ! Don't stop the check-ins and check-outs. They seem to make my internal competition flee to other carriers. Critical Checkout Calls are my friend .