New for 2009

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
This now is a Federal Law that all CPA's, EA's and any tax preparers will request from all
taxpayers. which was Effective January 1, 2009.

It is called " SECTION 7216 TAXPAYER CONSENT OR DISCLOSURE RULE

1. All tax preparer must have the taxpayers sign a CONSENT TO USE THEIR TAX INFORMATION before a Tax Return can be prepared. Even though you do not have to actually sign this form it is to your advantage. Depending on your filing status You, You and your Spouse must be present or the form must be mailed, e-mail, and returned to the Preparer before he is able to complete your return.

2. All Tax Preparers must have the Taxpayers sign a "CONSENT TO DISCLOSE THEIR TAX INFORMATION. This form is if you are to receive a refund using the bank that the tax preparer uses for there refund Checks, or Refund Loans. This form also has to be signed, You cannot use 1 for for both unless it is had the 2 separated and 2 signatures are required.

3. There is also a 3rd form, this form is for the disclosure of your tax information to third parties, ( Mortgage Companies) Banks, insurance companies, Financial Services)

All of these forms must be signed by both parties, Husband and Wife, or who ever the tax return is for.

If you need anymore information on this subject you can go the IRS website at Internal Revenue Service, and type in form 7216 in the search box on the upper right hand side.

Attention: Our E-mail Address has again changed to [email protected]. the reason for this is Att.redesigned from Google to Yahoo servers.

Franklin Katz, ATP,PA, CPB
Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934

Circular 230 Ruling: Compliance

This email (including any attachments) contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION protected by federal and/or state law and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(is) designated as recipient(s). The information contained within this email should not be construed as tax advice. If you are not an intended recipient of the email, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken in reliance on the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute a waiver of any applicable privilege. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify us by phone at (704) 739-4039 or by email at [email protected] and then permanently delete the original and any copy of this email (including any attachments) and destroy any printout thereof.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
more govt' interference into business. will it ever stop? :mad:

Not until the Voters get Fed Up and Get together and Oust every one of the Incumbants in 2010 and then do the Same in 2012, 2014 and 2016. Then "Maybe" they will get the Picture! Every time you Turn around Government is always coming up with Something to "Control" the Life of The Tax Payers/Voters. I don't know of "One" Politician who isn't a Liar and That Includes "All" Parties. :mad:

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Hey People,

This form is for us for you to sign, by doing this it protects your privacy so that no one can get any information from your tax preparer, accountant, bookkeeper without your permission,, I know it is a pain, but it is quite necessary, and I think the government did right on this subject

Franklin Katz
Franks Tax & Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
(704) 739-4039

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Hey People,

This form is for us for you to sign, by doing this it protects your privacy so that no one can get any information from your tax preparer, accountant, bookkeeper without your permission,, I know it is a pain, but it is quite necessary, and I think the government did right on this subject

Franklin Katz
Franks Tax & Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
(704) 739-4039

Did I Misinterpret The Part that says That We Have to sign This Form so That The Banks, Mortgage Companies and Insurance Companies Could Get Access to My Filings?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I think you did misinterpted it this is for your protection and privacy. so if you need anything from your tax returns to other information about you it cannot be released without your permission and signature

Franklin Katz, ATP, PA, PB
OOIDA # 657540
Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matters addressed herein.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is #3 mandatory to sign? It has nothing to do with the IRS.

3. There is also a 3rd form, this form is for the disclosure of your tax information to third parties, ( Mortgage Companies) Banks, insurance companies, Financial Services)

Seems like intrusion to me.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
and i read this....

am I giving permission away? Is this in essence a permission form?

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
It seems that the [posting on this subject is a little confusing,

These 3 forms are for your protection (Taxpayers). By IRS Compliance not Government we are required to get this forms signed by you. What this does is protect you.

Example:
Lets say someone calls, or comes in to my office requesting information on you , Legally I cannot give him/her anything that involves your identification unless I have your permission to do so.

Lets say you call me and request that I fax, send or ggive to anyone except yourself the information that you are requesting,

If you need me to Fax or mail that information I will-not, can-not legally forward this information without your concent, This mainly protects you from Identify Theft. that is the main reason that this Law was passed.

This law requires all persons who prepare a Tax Return if they are paid, to request Consent. and must adhere to the law and regulations of the IRS.

there are so called preparers who use the over the counter Software to do there return and THEN DO others tp's and REQUEST A FEE, AND They will not sign the return. and they feel that they are not responsible for there actions,

Under IRS 6695 regulations, Any taxpreparer who prepares a return for montary gain must

A. understating a tax payers Liability under unrealistic positions $1,000.00 fine
C. Failure to furnish a copy of the tax return to the tax payer $50.00 per return and up to $25,000 in one year.
D. Preparer not signing the return if compensated $50.00 per return and up t0 $25,000 in
one year
There are approximately a total of 16 Preparer penalties that your preparer could be charged by the IRS, both civil and Crimminal charges can be brought if you feel the tax prepare broke these rules,.

USE A TAX PREPARER YOU CAN TRUST, AND KNOWS THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY, and IRS LAWS THAT PERTAIN TO TRUCKING THERE ARE APPROXIMATEY OVER 200,000 TAX PREPARERS OUT THERE, NATIONWIDE. INCLUDING THE NATIONAL CHAINS, WHICH INCLUDE, CPA'S, EA'S, ATP'S, ATA'S, CFA, CFS, LAWYERS, FINANCIAL PLANNERS, ETC,.

iF YOU TOOK ONLY THE National Association of Tax Professioals (NATP), National Society of tax Professionals (NSTP), National Society of Accountants (NSA), an other Accounting Associations, Your choice will be limited to approximately 1000-1500 Tax professionals who ACTUALLY know the trucking industry correctly. the others Say they Do Truciking, but do they really know it. I DOUBT IT

dO YOU GIVE YOUR INFORMATION TO ANY ONE THAT SAYS THEY KNOW THE INDUSTRY, AND NEVER RECIEVE A PHONE CALL OR E-MAIL REQUESTING MORE INFORMATION, OR HERE IS THE CALLL YOUR GOING TO GET, YOUR TAX RETURN IS READY FOR PICKUP AND SIGNATURE TO SIGN AND MAIL.

dOE YOU REALLY KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING AS A TRUE PICTURE OF YOU TAX RETURN AND HOW IT WAS PREPARED, OR EXPLAINED TO YOU WHY AN ITME CANNOT BE DEDUCTED.

i AM ONLY GIVING YOU THE INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN USE FOR YOUSELF'S TO FIND THE CORRECT PREPARATION FIRM FOR YOUR BUSINESS.

aNY AN ALL TAX INFORMATION IS SUPPOSE TO BE KEPT AND MARKED AS 'PRIVATE & CONFIDENTIAL" TO PROTECT YOUR iDENTITY. tHAT IS WHY WE NEED TO HAVE THESE CONSENT FORMS SIGNED.

Franklin Katz, ATP,PA, CPB
Frank’s Tax and Business Service
120 York Rd
Kings Mountain, NC 28086-3151
(704) 739-4039
Fax: (704) 739-3934

Providing Professional Accounting Services and Income Tax Preparation
Circular 230 Disclaimer – Any tax advice in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, by any taxpayer for the purpose of (1) avoiding tax related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (2) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or tax-related matters addressed herein.