New Driver (CDL CLASS A DRIVER)

Xavier

New Recruit
Driver
Hello everyone. I am new to this site. I graduated in March as a CDL class A driver. I kind of stumbled upon this website through youtube. As a new driver, I wanted to know how to get into this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to drive solo, seeing I have no partner at the moment. Thank you for your time and information.

ucfd608

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Go back a few years an read read an read an when u think u have read enough read some more

This thingy majiggy

Reactions: AnneM

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most likely running solo your gonna need a little more experience. Call carriers listed on this site and ask questions, they can help you find an owner if qualified. Like suggested do a little reading here. I don't personally think a few years is necessary but some like the idea.

Reactions: RoadTime

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most likely running solo your gonna need a little more experience. Call carriers listed on this site and ask questions, they can help you find an owner if qualified. Like suggested do a little reading here. I don't personally think a few years is necessary but some like the idea.

Yeah, I agree with what Xiggi said. I don't think you need to read that much. Just get a taste of what expediting is like and entails. If you would be running semi, there would be very little that directly applies to you. Semi in expediting is a whole different beast as far as load availability. Off hand, normally carriers want 6-12 months experience, some I've seen with 3 months. You will have to do some checking out and calling.