Netgear MBRN3000

Hightech_Hobo

Expert Expediter
I run with two laptops, an Itouch, wireless printer and a kindle. I have had verizon usb broadband modem for some time now. It's been inconvenient to move the modem around, set up computers for sharing and generally access the web from whatever device.

The above mentioned Netgear router is proving to be a great solution this this problem. For about a hundred bucks, I avoided extending my contract with verizon for a new 4g usb Mifi modem (which wont get 4g service for some time anyway) and can now access all my devices in or outside of my van, move files or what ever a home wifi network can do.

I hav'nt tried yet, but I am quite sure I will be able to use my laptop in the truck stop accessing the network in the van if I can park anywhere nearby...

For those of you running teams and two laptops at the same time...here ya go!! It is good for 4g or 3g(with the proper usb modem) so obsolesence should not be a concern.

Be sure to put a WEP(or better) restriction on the modem so others cant steal your (very limiting) 5 gig allowance.

The plan is to ultimately upgrade to a 4g modem when the infrastucture is in place and either upgrade to the 10gig/80 dollar plan or find another provider(Clear???) with a usb modem/unlimited Plan.