Nervous newbie

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Yeah it was crazy in there today. A lot of people. I don’t mind to wait but 2+ hours I would have never thought. I’m glad the test will roughly take 45 min. I guess I’ll probably call off Tuesday or tell them I tryed to go to the doctors today that’s why I changed my schedule and on Monday and could not get me in so made an appointment for noon Tuesday and make some :censoredsign: excuse of why I need to go in just in case. I mean there’s no rush because I got to wait until she’s done with school anyways and that’s 4 weeks but she’s got to finish out her 2 week notice with her job. So still a 1 1/2 months estimating but I guess after I get my permit I have wait 15 days and have to set up an appointment for that and god knows how long they might be backed up on that. Such a hassle lol hopefully being with her, being out in the world and making money will pay off in the end.
So they say that big trucks frown upon the straight trucks. That’s when you act like you can’t park and take 2 spots lol. No i know every place might not be like this but there’s no room with the cars to park. I know the t/a and the Petro and flying j etc... they always park in the car parking. The one flying j has rv parking and they usually park with them but the other J they usually park with the cars to. I mean parking is parking and it may be easier for the straight trucks but not everywhere I guess you will get lucky. You were kind enough to do that, plus you were leaving sooner or later for that load but I’m sure if you didn’t have a load where else would you have gone and known you had a spot so I’m sure you would have stayed there. That’s still crazy and you’re right about holding back a temper. I think I’ll be the easy going one it’s my girl that I worry about haha . I guess my times comming soon hopefully. Life on the road I’m sure will drive me crazy once and awhile.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you willing pull the load from the load board, anything over 100 miles is on you. If they offer it over the c link they pay the deadhead + miles. I think we've only ever pulled from the load board once. Otherwise they just come over the c link. Delivery in Indiana went well. Picked up a load in Illinois that was going to Arkansas. Should deliver in a few hrs here. I'm not gonna name the company we picked up from but that has been the first time I have encountered complete garbage people. Worthless doesn't even begin to describe these people. Giant company with zero direction on where to go. Over 200 dock doors and we just had to "wing it". I walk into a man door and try to ask for direction and no joke, I was completely ignored. Not even acknowledged. The skill they demonstrated in continuing their conversation without my "excuse me" even phasing them was almost applaudable.

I'm never the type of person to wish bad things on anyone, but if each of those people tripped and fell down a flight of stairs, one right after another, I'd deffinetly muster up a chuckle.
Sounds like you entered a great union facility.

Reactions: ucfd608

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
You talk of your girl as if she is your property or pet. . You can be nicer

Sent from my SM-N900T using EO Forums mobile app

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. My posts here dont even show a fraction of our life. My girl is not my "property" nor my "pet". I'm sure if it was an issue she would have said something negative in the past 11 years.

Then again, you may be right about how I speak. We are not sensitive people, nor do I hold anything back and neither does she. If we're sitting here and I say "hey :censoredsign:" she says "what?" It's not meant to be disrespectful, it's just how we speak to one another. If your looking to see a relationship full of "hey baby" and "hi sweetie pie" you damn sure aren't gonna find it here. I guess some older people would find our communication "offensive". I'll try to pretty up my posts in the future.

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Been quiet in here lately. Hope everyone has been safe and making $$$

Delivery in IA went good. Accepted a load shortly after that picks up in minisota on Monday and goes to Colorado. Wasn't anything on the loadboard in our area over the weekend so we figured we'd grab it and get an early start Monday.

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
That’s good. You always seem like your always on the go one way or another so that’s good, that means your making money . I’m trying to find someone willing to work with us in January. Advertising ourself and such. So we will see.

Kip life

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Delivery in IA went good. Accepted a load shortly after that picks up in minisota on Monday and goes to Colorado. Wasn't anything on the loadboard in our area over the weekend so we figured we'd grab it and get an early start Monday.
Colorado. . NO go zone. .good luck out there finding a load out

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Colorado. . NO go zone. .good luck out there finding a load out

Fingers crossed, didn't realize it was a bad load area.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My theory was give it 24,hours then race over to Salinas Ks. In your position just don’t turn down anything going towards anywhere decent.

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Ok, would like some input from some more experienced people. We're about 400 miles away from our destination. We are headed to loveland, CO. Our route goes I80 to i76 to US34. Im interested in the current weather conditions and I'm not sure if the information I have found is accurate. It would appear as if I80 was closed down a few days ago, and there are some icy conditions currently, but if I'm reading this correctly i don't think I will be on it long enough to encounter these issues. I think I am currently in the clear. Can anyone sign off on this? Or point me in the right direction to get my facts in order. We deliver at 10am and are currently at a truck stop. We pulled off earlier due to pretty windy conditions. They were tolerable but we would have been super early anyway so there really wasnt any reason to press on with there not being any truck stops in the area we're headed to. (we would arrive at night time and they would be full by then.) Thank You!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, would like some input from some more experienced people. We're about 400 miles away from our destination. We are headed to loveland, CO. Our route goes I80 to i76 to US34. Im interested in the current weather conditions and I'm not sure if the information I have found is accurate. It would appear as if I80 was closed down a few days ago, and there are some icy conditions currently, but if I'm reading this correctly i don't think I will be on it long enough to encounter these issues. I think I am currently in the clear. Can anyone sign off on this? Or point me in the right direction to get my facts in order. We deliver at 10am and are currently at a truck stop. We pulled off earlier due to pretty windy conditions. They were tolerable but we would have been super early anyway so there really wasnt any reason to press on with there not being any truck stops in the area we're headed to. (we would arrive at night time and they would be full by then.) Thank You!

From what I can tell, you should be fine.

Loveland, CO (80538) Weather and Radar Map - The Weather Channel | Weather.com

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Thank you very much. Hopefully all goes well with no unexpected surprises.

On a side note you guys were right. Haven't found a single load near CO. Looks like we'll be waiting out the 24hrs and giving fedex a call.

Reactions: Ragman

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I’d advise not taking HazMat if you’d have to go West across I70.
There’s a big tunnel , Eisenhower Tunnel, that won’t allow most ( or all ? ) hazmat. The alt route is Hwy 6 around it. Tough detour in good weather.
Haven’t been there in years, but I doubt that much has changed.
Also, The Westbound scale is easy to miss. If you go that way, find the scale so they don’t need to come find you.

Denver is good place if you like omelettes.

Reactions: Grizzly

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
I’d advise not taking HazMat if you’d have to go West across I70.
There’s a big tunnel , Eisenhower Tunnel, that won’t allow most ( or all ? ) hazmat. The alt route is Hwy 6 around it. Tough detour in good weather.
Haven’t been there in years, but I doubt that much has changed.
Also, The Westbound scale is easy to miss. If you go that way, find the scale so they don’t need to come find you.

Denver is good place if you like omelettes.

I don't plan to mess with another hazmat load for a long time. If ever.. just rubbed me the wrong way I guess.

I absolutely love omelettes. Unfortunately, a few years ago I was diagnosed with MS and ever since then I cannot eat bananas or eggs. No idea why, I have no allergy to either, but they cause stomach aches so bad I almost went to the ER. Feels like something is going horribly wrong inside. The wife and I use to go to this small local diner every Sunday morning for breakfast, they made an awesome Denver omelette.

Josh

Active Expediter
Driver
Unless you are headed west trying to go home or closer , never go to Colorado

Lmao. Truer words have never been spoken. We got a small load locally. Then a load came over the c link headed to SC. That got dispatched to another truck, they must have been waiting longer.

Gear_Grinder

Rookie Expediter
Researching
Well that sucks. I was hoping to one day I would go to Colorado once I get into a truck. Of course that would be a dead zone. I was born just south of Denver and was to young to remember anything about where I was born so always wanted to go and venture out see where I was born. Oh well. Maybe one time and done. Hope you guys are enjoying your stay and that you guys get something soon or don’t have to dead head to far. Drive safe.