Need Your Input

Kristy

Expo Manager
On Time Media Staff
At the Expo this year we are doing live, Ask the Experts forums.
What questions would you ask of our session speakers for "Keys to Being a Successful Owner Operator"?

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Where is the best place online to get information about expediting?

I still think you could have a full blown workshop just on what the EO website has to offer. Or maybe have the website projected on a big screen at the EO booth as a minimum.

eb

Last edited:

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Where is the best place online to get information about expediting?

I still think you could have a full blown workshop just on what the EO website has to offer. Or maybe have the website projected on a big screen at the EO booth as a minimum.

eb

EO is an online workshop, as much as anything else. Virtually every question imaginable has been asked and answered on EO. Many of them many times over again. The hardest part is searching and finding the Q & As. But they're on here.
Every expediter that shares their experiences on EO is helping each of us to learn from other's mistakes, successes & knowledge. Not all is pertinent to each's situation but there's hundreds and hundreds of years of collective experience on EO.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Karen Piccolomini,TA/Petro; Homer Hogg, TA/Petro; Maxwell Technologies, Inc; Steve Smith, SmartTruck Systems

Hear from industry experts about the latest trends, challenges and opportunities in truck maintenance, fuel, tires, idling and driving. If you have questions on these topics, this is the place to get the answers you’re looking for.

With the above being the description of the workshop, I would need to hear what their experience is to have more/better questions.

eb

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Karen Piccolomini,TA/Petro; Homer Hogg, TA/Petro; Maxwell Technologies, Inc; Steve Smith, SmartTruck Systems

Hear from industry experts about the latest trends, challenges and opportunities in truck maintenance, fuel, tires, idling and driving. If you have questions on these topics, this is the place to get the answers you’re looking for.

With the above being the description of the workshop, I would need to hear what their experience is to have more/better questions.

eb

You really dont know who they are !!!!!!!!!!

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
i'm just getting confused which workshop kristy is referring to. there is a workshop called "ask the experts" and the people are from ta/petro and smart truck systems, and them i dont know. as for tom and tina i dont need to ask any questions, because i know tom can go a full session without any prompting.

eb

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How to:

Business money management
Tax requirements and deductions
Emergency savings
Disability, health, life, work comp insurances
Retirements savings
Deal with home emergencies while OTR
Deal with stress and loneliness while away from home
Do preventive maintenance on the vehicle and find qualified repair shops Arrange for medical emergencies/doctor appointments
Prepare the final will and funeral arragement (yeah taboo subject)
Keep physically and mentally fit
Avoid weight gain ( big issue for lot of drivers)
Fight traffic citations
Use smartphone to handle deposit, payments, email, scanning documents
.......and how to successfully invest in the stock market. So that your hard earned money can work even harder for you while you are sitting for days waiting for the loads in nice warm weather in Laredo. TX.....or a cool winter breeze in the Dakotas.

Thank you so much :)

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
i'm just getting confused which workshop kristy is referring to. there is a workshop called "ask the experts" and the people are from ta/petro and smart truck systems, and them i dont know. as for tom and tina i dont need to ask any questions, because i know tom can go a full session without any prompting.

eb

Thanks, I think. LOL On a second look it was a little confusing. Then i seen the quotes so i think she is looking for questions for " Keys to Being a Successful Owner Operator" All the forums are live, ask the experts forums and naming one the same was misleading.

Homer Hogg is a service and preventative maintenance expert and Karen Piccolomini is involved with the Road Squad breakdown service. Maxwell Technologies has the Start Module for Trucks and other electrical technology for vehicles. Smart Truck Has fuel saving and aerodynamic products for trucks and trailers.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
How to:

Business money management
Tax requirements and deductions
Emergency savings
Disability, health, life, work comp insurances
Retirements savings
Deal with home emergencies while OTR
Deal with stress and loneliness while away from home
Do preventive maintenance on the vehicle and find qualified repair shops Arrange for medical emergencies/doctor appointments
Prepare the final will and funeral arragement (yeah taboo subject)
Keep physically and mentally fit
Avoid weight gain ( big issue for lot of drivers)
Fight traffic citations
Use smartphone to handle deposit, payments, email, scanning documents
.......and how to successfully invest in the stock market. So that your hard earned money can work even harder for you while you are sitting for days waiting for the loads in nice warm weather in Laredo. TX.....or a cool winter breeze in the Dakotas.

Thank you so much :)

All of these questions would be asked in some of the various other workshops.
Managing your business would address financial aspects of things
All of your health concerns in the being a healthy trucker workshop.
All of your maintenance questions in the ask the experts workshop.

Looks like you have two busy days ahead of you.

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
As for questions to being a successful oo, Tom and Tina have it covered. The first workshop we ever participated in even as an audience member they were on the panel.

How did you get to where you are?
Were there times you considered quitting?
Why shouldn't I run out and buy a brand new truck today as a newbie?
What should I be prepared for if I decide to be a fleet owner?
What are the pros and cons of being an oo vs driver?
Why is being an oo important?

Everyone needs to realize what works for one person may not work for another. If there was a way that worked for everyone wouldn't we all be extremely successful?

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
How do pick the correct carrier?
What should my goals be short term and long?

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
How to leverage a truck to get the best rate.

Sent from my C811 4G using EO Forums mobile app