Need more input for peach crisp

ihamner

Expert Expediter
I tried the peach crisp recipe posted earlier and had no success. Thanks for trying Jenny but the recipe didn't work for me. I bought all the ingredients and made the crisp but the oatmeal got yucky soggy and I ended up throwing the whole thing out. We are near Atlanta so I got wonderful fresh peaches. I think Jenny's recipe will work great in a regular oven because it might crisp it up.

So I am back to square one. Anyone have a "tried and true" peach or apple crisp recipe for the microwave? Peaches and apples will be in season for while.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I tried the peach crisp recipe posted earlier and had no success. Thanks for trying Jenny but the recipe didn't work for me. I bought all the ingredients and made the crisp but the oatmeal got yucky soggy and I ended up throwing the whole thing out. We are near Atlanta so I got wonderful fresh peaches. I think Jenny's recipe will work great in a regular oven because it might crisp it up.

So I am back to square one. Anyone have a "tried and true" peach or apple crisp recipe for the microwave? Peaches and apples will be in season for while.

Not too sure just how this part would work in the truck, but I made an apple pie today and the recipe called for cooking and draining the apples into a colandar and then reducing and carmelizing the juices for 10 minutes prior to adding the apples back in. It would seem that the less juice you have in your recipe the less chance the oatmeal would have of getting "gunky"?

and oh boy are those peaches juicy!

Jenny

Veteran Expediter

Well the recipe that I posted is for apples. I have used it many times with apples and it comes out just fine.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
I've never tried this recipe, but it calls for adding Bisquick which might help with some of the "juicy-ness" of the peaches and only calls for 3T of butter/margarine.

* 4 medium peaches, sliced (about 3 cups) or 2 (15 ounce) cans peaches, drained
* 3/4 cup Bisquick (tm)
* 1/2 cup quick-cooking oat
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg

Place peaches in a square 8 X 8 X 2 microwave safe dish.

Mix remaining ingredients until crumbly and then sprinkle over the peaches.

Microwave uncovered on 100% power for 6 minutes. Rotate dish 1/2 turn.

Continue to microwave uncovered until peaches are tender, 4-6 minutes longer.