Need Info On Where To Buy Truck Or Van

renegaderob

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been looking into this expediting business for 6 months while I have been recovering from elbow surgery. I need to thank you all for helping me understand the companies, pay scales, etc. I have looked into many companies and it looks like the only one I have ruled out is CTX from what I read here. I am checkinginto all the others and hope to hop into a truck or cargo van within the next month or so when I can return to working. I am only 23 but eager to get back to work. The only question I have for all of you is where can I get a straight truck or cargo van with bad credit. I am not sure where to look since the bad credit. Hopefully someone can help me out. You can either leave a message on here for me or email me at [email protected]
thanks for all your time.

renegaderob

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I just had another question incase I can not buy my own van/truck for expediting. Just wondering if anyone in the next month or so would be looking for a driver. I am located in Lancaster, Pa which i here is a decent spot for expediting. Once again thanks.

atomic

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
no disrespect but are you crazy there is no freight people are sitting at truckstops for days at a time trying to get a load and when they do get one its a 200$ run if you did your research then you would see that every one is going broke or on there way i went out and made the big investment and started with fedex on oct 15 2000 and lost everything on feb 2 2001 and i was in the hotest express center N.Y.C. thank god i only took a leave from the police dept and i can go back you better do a little more research before you jump into this and by the way heres a little math problem for you fedex cc. has 1500 trucks and is running 500 loads a day how many truck are sitting in truck stops doing nonthing but sitting and burning fuel to keep warm if youneed any more info e-mail me at [email protected] good luck michael

LittleBigTruck

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Michael,
Sorry to hear you didn't make it in the expediting business. I wish you had kept in touch while you were on the road. I'm not sure who led you to believe that NYC is the hottest express center, but they were wrong! Detroit and Chicago hold that honor. NYC loads may pay better, but really eat up a single driver's hours.