Need info on getting a CDL returned?

ron

Expert Expediter
If you look in the photo Gallery you will see an accident I was envolved in. The Ohio State Police,and the Ohio Dept of Public Safety sent a letter to my State of Michigan,and have refused permission for the state of Michigan to reinstate my CDL. The guy that ran a red light into the rear of my truck,as I was making a left turn on green. He was driving a car owned by the State of Ohio. The cops were covering for him,and the State.The Police made it looked on the report that I'd made a left turn in from of the car,but he's in the rear of my truck. I know the economy is bad now,but if,and when it picks up...I'd like to be able to go back to work. Been fighting with the State of Ohio since 2007. I even wrote to Governor Ted Strickland,and the Attorney General. I know the Police were being bias in their acident report. Proving it in court would be another matter. Any suggestions from a recruiter's point of view would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I'm not too sure what you Can Do, But This is what I Would do: I would Get ALL of the Information such as All Accident Reports Including Supplemental Reports as well as The Insurance Investigators Reports, Witness Reports If Any, and ALL Pictures of the Accident Scene..I would then be Prepared to go to Columbus for a Few Days and Find a Good Lawyer (Expect to pay a-lot of Money) and Go from There, Let the Lawyer do what he's getting paid to do! IF The Lawyer wins in a Lawsuit he Might be able to get the Judge to Order the Legal Fees paid for by the State and You Might be able to Recover Some if Not All of your Money! In my 28 Years of Law Enforcement I have Not Known the Ohio State Highway Patrol to be That way, But Like any Other Occupation, It is Possible! Good Luck!! :D

Last edited:

ron

Expert Expediter
Poorboy,just to give you an update on this. It is now Sept 9,2010,and the Ohio State Police,and the Ohio Department of Public Safety are still witholding permission for my state of Michigan to reinstate my drivers license. According to Michigan they can't resolve this until they get permission from Ohio. So when these state get done playing games with each other,maybe things will change. Ohio is telling me that they won't review the case until April 2012 ! Thank for your advice. I tried it,and got nowhere. Ohio Police Officers don't want to admit they were wrong.

ron

Expert Expediter
Re: "Ohio State Police playing politics cost me my CDL"

Still fighting with the Ohio State Police on getting my CDL returned. They would have to admit they manipulated the facts on an accident report. Which means they comitted perjury ! You know that they won't admit to that ! They got badges,and guns,an authority,and can do what ever they please.Who needs a club,tazer,or a gun to commit police bruitality ? Just tell a lie about a truck driver,it will still get the job done.There isn't a trucking company that will hire me with a "Vehicular Manslaughter" charge on my record. I'm just trying to be able to drive a car now. Fostoria Municipal Court had me give up my CDL,at the request of the Ohio State Police. You know their job is to "get them bad unsafe truckers" off the road.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Re: "Ohio State Police playing politics cost me my CDL"

Still fighting with the Ohio State Police on getting my CDL returned. They would have to admit they manipulated the facts on an accident report. Which means they comitted perjury ! You know that they won't admit to that ! They got badges,and guns,an authority,and can do what ever they please.Who needs a club,tazer,or a gun to commit police bruitality ? Just tell a lie about a truck driver,it will still get the job done.There isn't a trucking company that will hire me with a "Vehicular Manslaughter" charge on my record. I'm just trying to be able to drive a car now. Fostoria Municipal Court had me give up my CDL,at the request of the Ohio State Police. You know their job is to "get them bad unsafe truckers" off the road.

Are you saying that this happened 5 years ago, there was a fatality involved, and the only lawyers you have spoken to are the ones sent from Express 1?