Need info on CTX

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Need the straight shot on CTX. Not exactly pleased with current carrier's direction, and live in MI. Run a 'D' unit. Don't mind Canadian or in-transit runs, they pay better. Don't want to hear about TST- been there, done that: never worked for anyone where the difference between what safety dept. said and what disp. did was so great.
P.S. still have had the engine shut-off problem just recently with the Cummins. Guess I will have to get loud with "C's" customer svc. dept.

paperback1

Expert Expediter
Sorry to hear about your time with TST, I have a couple trucks there and have no problem, good miles aand pay, but you might want to try TRI-STATE

SHARP327

Veteran Expediter
HEY SIMON SAYS! JUST ABOUT TO GO ON THE ROAD FOR CTX, JUST PICKED UP MY TRUCK 10-11-02, I CAN'T TELL YOU TOO MUCH ABOUT THEM, BUT SO FAR I THINK THEY'RE A PRETTY GOOD BUNCH OF PEOPLE! I STARTED OUT WITH JUST AN OPERATORS LIC. & THINKING ABOUT GETTING A CARGO VAN, WELL THEN IT WENT TO GETTING A CDL C W/HASMAT AND A CLASS 7 RIG, NOW I'VE GOT A CDL B AND JUST BOUGHT CLASS 8 UNIT, ALL THIS TOOK A BIT OF TIME AND THEY NEVER LOST FAITH IN ME AND WERE ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP WITH ANY ADVICE AND SUGESTIONS, MOST COMPANYS WOULD'NT EVEN TALK TO ME BEING WITHOUT EXPERENCE/LIC./TRUCK, ETC. ALL I HAD WAS/IS A STRONG DESIRE TO BE MY OWN BOSS AND DRIVE TRUCK FOR A LIVING. I'D RECOMMEND THEM! GIVE SCOTT A CALL @ (877) 5246122 OR (419)4757268 AND TELL HIM SHARP SAID THAT! I HOPE THIS OPINION HELPS OUT! LATER SHARP327

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have been with CTX since 1998, I am an owner/at one time operator with them, Now I have a driver on my vehicle due to # 1 I prepare income taxes and give advise on this site. but since I have had my bypass surgery I am totally disabled from driving any type of commerical vehicle. can't get a DOT medical. SO THEY WILL NOT RENEW MY CDL WHICH IS A CLASS A. You are going to find that no matter who you go with there are problem that will arise. they will send you occasionally on a wild goose chase, deadhead without pay from certain areas that they do not normally get freight from, My driver went to Arizona from Michigan, just before the 4th of July. He delivered on the 2rd- but inorder for him to be deadhead out of there he had to wait 24 hours. which would of been over the 4th, which was Thursday probably would of been there until the weekend and, so he started to deadhead on his own to SC and it wound up all the way. and if they do deadhead and pay for it at $. 10 cents a mile it is normally Half of the milage over 400 miles. There are occasional problem on settlements, but they are taken care of quickly. Your going to complain when it come to rate per mile, especially with the big 3, chrysler, ford and GM, average load pays about a buck a mile, and then you get 58% of it in a "A", "B", or "C" units. "D' units get a $1.07 per mile loaded and "e" units(tractor/trailers) I guess $1.40 or $1.45. I went through Scott, he was my recruiter also.
Enjoy and take whatever you can, I would suggest not taking anything under a Buck a mile, tell them to keep it, you really cannot live on anything less. AT least at 58% your making 58 cents on a dollar where your net cost is around 35 cents so your making 23 cents profit. but you have to figure out you overall cost per mile. min CPM is $.30 no less.

Enjoy
Frank Katz
owner of Unit #225080 "B" unit

don mocherman

Expert Expediter
don mocherman:) I am with Express-1 now but spend 6 months with CTX and it was up and down. But I got to say I miss CTX Express-1 has not been as good to me as CTX was. I may go back.

tr

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I had a year with them, there were up's and downs. I made more that year at 58% of the gross than I have made with the company that I am with now. Had to call a lot on settlements but they got it worked out.