Cargo Van Need Advice! Given a Opportunity I believe.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If this was offered here in the states in a higher roof version I'd seriously consider one...but I am used to the cutaway vans and love them.

If this was offered here in the states in a higher roof version I'd seriously consider one...but I am used to the cutaway vans and love them.
View attachment 21562View attachment 21563
I don't understand GM's stubbornness to stick with their old fashioned Savana/Express model... when they were owning Opel, why they didn't bring Movano over here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-045737_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-045737_Google.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 9

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
I don't understand GM's stubbornness to stick with their old fashioned Savana/Express model... when they were owning Opel, why they didn't bring Movano over here?
My father worked for gm for 30 years and the old designers are all gone....everything is going electric.

Reactions: Opel2010

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Why would anyone consider a 2 skid capacity van to be used in the expediting business to begin with?....smh..

Mr. Loyalty.

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
My father worked for gm for 30 years and the old designers are all gone....everything is going electric.
Electric or gas, the physical van size has nothing to do with it. Who wants to crawl around inside a standard van, doing a duck walk?...lol...When I went from a 10 wheeler to a regular extended E350, I discovered how many loads I was missing out on being a standard height 2 skid van. A year later, I bought my current soon to be retired van..immediately noticed my load count and income increase by having a 3 skid higher roof van. Having a 2 skid van in this business is like going to a shopping spree with a Playskool 2 year old plastic shopping cart.

Reactions: danthewolf00

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
When I went from a 10 wheeler to a regular extended E350, I discovered how many loads I was missing out on being a standard height 2 skid van.
When I switched from 18 wheeler to my brand new 97 Savana, I was pretty disappointed. I missed all that comfort a big truck can offer you, and I was just about to move back. But when I was passing by the chicken houses, not keeping a log book, and driving as long as it pleases me, I said "screw it, I'm not going back!"
Long story short, I drove that Savana for 11 years, then I bought an E-350 extended, which I had it for four years, when I bought my first high top van, a Nissan.

Reactions: Mr. Loyalty.