need a detroit shop in houston,tx

bayouhotshot

Seasoned Expediter
my truck is starting to have alote of blow by so i want to get it looked at so anyone know a good shop and do anyone know what it would cost to do a inframe on a 12.7 detroit?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't say about Detroit but I can tell you that overall the KW dealer is a good one. You'd have to talk to them about Detroit as I had Cummins when I used them. Good luck.

Refer Hauler

Expert Expediter
I second the W.W.Williams, have not used the shop in New Boston but have used their other locations for both truck and reefer. Cost depends on what you have done but a complete inframe usually runs around 14K

bayouhotshot

Seasoned Expediter
well thats a cool link but didnt help me im looking for a motor shop to work on a detroit not freightliner someone thats all thay do work on detroits

bayouhotshot

Seasoned Expediter
You may have some luck with this link:

Detroit Diesel - Detroit Diesel Service, Reliable Parts, Service

It shows three in the Houston area that support Detroit Engines.
Have you tried Ryder for assistance or recommendations?

Thanks thats a very cool link im really in beaumont but will never take any truck back to Beaumont Freightliner my FL had a cummins i took it in for a bad injector thay said it was the injector pump and would be $7,000 to fix :eek: i was almost out of biss whent and got it took it to cummins southern plans in houston week later it was ready was only $1,300 to fix 1 injector and something on the pump