Need A Change Of View

armin88

Expert Expediter
Well i'll make this sweet and short,I been with the "Two Black Cats" for pass 6 months and you guest it i'm ready to move on,so that being said,what other companies would take me with only 6 months experience?I try E-1 and they turn me down,why I don't know and can't get in with Fedex cause I don't have hazmat(not yet) but I'm steering to go with smaller outfits rather than larger ones.Any help or leads will be great.

Thanks

P.S all my experience in a straight truck.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
If you got turned down by e1 I would find out why. FedEx doesn't require hm. Tristate I believe requires 6 months.

Best bet would be to get another 6 months and then you got 1 year and a good work history. Then no question about who will hire you.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just call the ones that advertise on EO. That is the only way to get up to date info. We could tell you something and it already changed yesterday.

Sent from my Fisher Price X900 via EO Forums

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Try Nations Express or All State Express

Sent from my SCH-M828C using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unless you're the lead dog the view never changes. Good luck.

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
If you got turned down by e1 I would find out why. FedEx doesn't require hm. Tristate I believe requires 6 months.

Best bet would be to get another 6 months and then you got 1 year and a good work history. Then no question about who will hire you.

Not to chime in but FedEx required me to have HazMat S/T and Van. I guess that shows how they sometimes bend the rules. I might be wrong but I think the smaller the carrier the better your chance of staying loaded.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Not to chime in but FedEx required me to have HazMat S/T and Van. I guess that shows how they sometimes bend the rules. I might be wrong but I think the smaller the carrier the better your chance of staying loaded.

I'm with FedEx and I don't have hazmat.

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
. I might be wrong but I think the smaller the carrier the better your chance of staying loaded.

True! I'm much busier with the small carriers than the big ones, the only thing I miss is the pay... I was getting at least a buck a mile, now it starts from ¢80 up to a buck (but not too often that buck).

Sent from my SCH-M828C using EO Forums

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
We will occasionally bend for a 6 month straight truck owner operator. But the MVR, accident record, and PSP need to be extremely clean. Normally we are min one year experience in a straight, 2 in a semi.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Fedex will give you 90 days to get your hazmat plus I spoke to few o/o with Fedex and all said they can't hire me unless I have the hazmat.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Maybe because the owner wants you to have hazmat. They told us they didn't force you to get it.

armin88

Expert Expediter
Maybe because the owner wants you to have hazmat. They told us they didn't force you to get it.

As far I understand they do,I was going to drive for Fedex back in 2010 but plans change at that time,I recall being told that I had 90 days to get it and at time I wasn't willing to get it,now with being in the expedited business I can see its worth having.I'm going get my hazmat within next few months,been thinking about it and I decided i'm going to get it.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
If you have a co driver call expediter services. That's who I'm with and they don't require hm. Pretty good group of folks over there too.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I bet FedEx will overlook a lot for ES.

I often see the common misconception that everyone believes Expediter Services gets special treatment. That isn't the case. We sit just like you after delivery and sometimes for 24 hours or more. We have to be with FDCC for 6 months and there has to be an open slot in WG/TVAL just like you do.

To set the record straight we are just like You. I had a guy come up to me in a truckstop last week and say "Great an ES truck sitting here, I guess we will probably still be sitting here when you leave". I was to the point with him and he understood we are no different than him.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Hey, we've been sitting here in Sunny Florida since Thursday afternoon. 1 load offer. One. And we are in an ES truck.

I sometimes think just the opposite is true. I know there are other non-ES trucks out there bringing in more than we do. We hardly ever get the long, great paying loads we know others sometime get.

But, we're not unhappy either. We've sort of learned the "system", and work it to our advantage. Take what you're given and make the best of it :)