Nations Express or a company with no limit on mile

Frappini

Expert Expediter
A while back this yr. I so wanted to work for them. but i had no money to buy the van. today i can buy the van no problem. I remember looking at the contract. had 480 miles a week or so? no idea if i remember if it was right or not. but is there a limit to how many miles i get? i'd like a company with no limit on miles! i can drive day and night. no problem for me. i just don't want to be a sitting duck! i just wanna be busy. sleep, wake up, eat, drive, pump gas, drive. and so on.

David [email protected]

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter
RE: Nations Express or a company with no limit on

Frap -
The limit to miles probably comes from a safety standpoint, and although a van is not subject to DOT HOS regulations, anything more than 750 miles on a straight thru run for a single driver is pushing the envelope as far as the wellbeing of the driver and the customers freight is concerned.
I am concerned that you are under the impression that van (or any) drivers can just run, sleep, eat, run, etc. Please check out these forums closely and you will see that there is always going to be SOME sitting time, regardless of which company you sign with. Expediting is EMERGENCY freight - and just like ambulance drivers, you will NOT run all the time. This is a lifestyle that requires patience, and without it you WILL drive yourself nuts. Keep up your research on this site, EO is where the truth is found about expediting.

Keepin' it real - Scott

Reactions: QuickPUD

Frappini

Expert Expediter

I am sure there is some down time, were i would have to sit and wait. I found a good company 1,800-2,500 miles a week with pretty good pay. :) I don't mind the driving i don't need much sleep or eat much. always on the go anyways. I just need to find a good company that will give me what i need to stay busy! :)

David.

samison4248

Expert Expediter

Scott, EO use to be the truth in expediting but you are no different than Landstar, Nations, Panther, All-Time, Diamond and etc., all recruiters will tell you anything to get the numbers up as you all know that there is 120 percent drop out in the expediting world. I have been in Expediting for the past 8 years and have had good years but now I am finding every time a company has a hiring then the older people suffer as the runs are given to the new recruits to build their ego's and money. Then companies wonder why the drop off?

X1_SRH

Expert Expediter

EO stands for Expediters Online. It is a website, not a company.
It is still where to find the truth about expediting.