Nascar

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The National Association of So many Commercials And minimal Racing.

You get about 4 laps then half a dozen commercials then maybe 4 more laps and another half dozen commercials. If it weren't for DVR and the FF button I'd quit watching.

Hmm. The thread title should be NASCAR but it won't accept all caps.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Joey said "After last week, that's what he gets."

Joey won't be having coffee with Tony Stewart anytime soon.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Joey said "After last week, that's what he gets."

Joey won't be having coffee with Tony Stewart anytime soon.

Joey better come to his senses, he could have finished no worse than second today if he could have controlled his anger.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Joey and Denny wrecked as BOTH of them were racing for the win...as opposed to Denny who wrecked Joey last week very much on purpose and said so.

Tony Stewart is mad at Joey for doing EXACTLY the same thing that Tony did last year to wreck half the field at Talladega.

None of the 3 are a favorite of mine, but I'm glad to see Joey standing up for himself.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Tony had no reason to go after Joey. .....Blocking is part of Racing. .he didn t bump him or anything. ....Tony let off gas and everyone blew by him. ...if Tony going to whine over that. ...he needs to go back to racing go-carts with the kids. .. ..

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
How would you even know when they play so many commercials and so little racing? They must have the highest ratio on television now.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
We watch an old comedy on TV Land before turning in on days off. Clears our minds.
They often have ten commercials between segments.
They upped the number by eliminating commercials between the shows.
When one show ends, they immediately start the next. They hope you get interested before you change channels.
In defense of Fox, they did a split screen at the end. They showed the commercials on one side and allowed you to follow the action.
If you want it commercial free you'd have to have pay per view.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How would you even know when they play so many commercials and so little racing? They must have the highest ratio on television now.

I don t mind commercials until the last 20 Laps. ......lol

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Joey and Denny wrecked as BOTH of them were racing for the win...as opposed to Denny who wrecked Joey last week very much on purpose and said so.

Tony Stewart is mad at Joey for doing EXACTLY the same thing that Tony did last year to wreck half the field at Talladega.

........but I'm glad to see Joey standing up for himself.

OMG!!

Lil' Rocket Boy and I are finally on the same page together over something!! :p

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Stewart is the biggest cry baby. Wish he would just shut the hell up. Ok for him to race the way he does, but only if it benefits him.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Hope he s healthy within 2 weeks. ...
3 months is what they are throwing around as a number on Sirius... but it depends on specific details that have yet to be disclosed. Mike Skinner was co-host on the last show...he says he has driven with a similar injury.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
We watch an old comedy on TV Land before turning in on days off. Clears our minds.
They often have ten commercials between segments.
They upped the number by eliminating commercials between the shows.
When one show ends, they immediately start the next. They hope you get interested before you change channels.
In defense of Fox, they did a split screen at the end. They showed the commercials on one side and allowed you to follow the action.
If you want it commercial free you'd have to have pay per view.

Speaking of this.....TV Shows of Today & ALL the Freegin Commercials.........

Have you ever watched old TV shows on HULU, Netflix, or other online websites??

Go to HULU and Click on an old Adam 12 or Dragnet episode. Total run time for those shows average a good 24-26 minutes. They aired those shows in 30 minute time slots. Every once in a while I'll watch an hour long "Emergency" episode. Those old episodes average a good 50-55 minutes long and were aired during an hour long time slot.

Now.....go to shows of today....Like "The Office"......"Big Bang Theory"........"Breaking Bad".....etc. The 30 minute sit-com episodes can be watched in 17-18 minutes (if it weren't for the Online Commercials they are NOW forcing upon us!!!), and the hour long Dramas can be watched in 42-44 Minutes. (Again.....the online Commercial BS) In other words....just about / almost / over 1/3 of our viewing time, whether it be 1/2 hour shows or 1 hour shows, is consumed / wasted / bombarded with commercial time compared to 20-30 years ago........

OK......Back to Topic...............

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
Finally some action. Been pretty dull lately. Hopefully Hamlins back at it soon. Junior got a 2nd place out of it though.