Nascar...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
[SIZE=-1]There are two beavers who both walk into their house. One leaves the door open and the other one says: "Shut the dam door."[/SIZE]

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
[SIZE=-1]There are two beavers who both walk into their house. One leaves the door open and the other one says: "Shut the dam door."[/SIZE]

Ever see how a beaver tears into a Turtle shell?? Not pretty...watch yourself bucko! *LOL*

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Non-
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

Rednecks wish that was only true . Real racing was done by rednecks and moonshiners . Then they messed it up building tracks all over the country and attracting yuppie fans . They aren't stock cars anymore and they're not even supposed to intentionally rub fenders . Cheating a little and getting something past inspections used to be part of the sport . Jimmy Johnson won the last race by slowing down so he didn't run out of gas . That's not racing . Drivers complain they have to work to drive the new cars , not just go out for a Sunday cruise . NASCAR is just pathetic .

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Third he's dull and boring

Forth he's ....well I can't say that in a G rated forum.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
First off it's Jimmie Johnson!!

Second he's simply the BEST!!!
See , that's how much attention I've paid to the races lately but I agree he can DRIVE better than Jeff Gordon . He proved that in the Chase last year . I've always felt Gordon lucked out signing with Hendricks . Other drivers could do as well or better with the same equipment . Gordon is consistent . Johnson is competitive . Dale Jr. would be a lot better if he'd settle down and learn how to make equipment last . (Maybe he's learned not to spin tries on restarts )

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
Well I think Johnson not piting to get fuel and getting way out ahead was smart. It also shows that the difference between win and lose can be decided by decisions made by the crew cheif from calculations given to him by the pit crew. It's a team sport. I thought it was kinda cool. It's kinda like when a head football coach goes for it on 4th down in the last seconds of the game for the win instead of kicking the feild goal for the tie. If they get it and win he's a football mastermind, but if they don't get the goal he's an idiot.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sorry but I think Dale Jr is an average driver at best..he got in on name recogition....he hasn't done anything worth mentioning for a couple years except he left his moms company? Why? Did she fire him in reality? he wasn't bringing home the bacon like dad did.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Sorry but I think Dale Jr is an average driver at best..he got in on name recogition....he hasn't done anything worth mentioning for a couple years except he left his moms company? Why? Did she fire him in reality? he wasn't bringing home the bacon like dad did.
JR. left DEI because he wanted partial ownership . I think if Dale Sr. thought Jr. should have had ownership he would have willed it to him . Jr. would have potential if he was more cool headed . He is especially scatter brained toward the end of a race .