NASCAR 2018

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What an open at the All Star race!

I tuned into something today for a little bit. 1 car driving round and round by itself. I get bored enough watching lots of cars go round and round :rolleyes:

But seriously, a part of me wants to get into this so I'm not knocking it, I just don't get it. What am I'm missing?
How does one get into Nascar, or is it just a reason to drink o_O

Reactions: DollarSign

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I tuned into something today for a little bit. 1 car driving round and round by itself. I get bored enough watching lots of cars go round and round :rolleyes:

But seriously, a part of me wants to get into this so I'm not knocking it, I just don't get it. What am I'm missing?
In '99 I moved from Jersey to Greensboro NC. I had to adopt NASCAR or there was nobody to talk to on Monday.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using EO Forums mobile app

Reactions: RoadTime

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
What an open at the All Star race!

Go to a Nascar race and get the experience. WATCH THE LAST TEN LAPS IN THE ALL STAR RACE TONIGHT!

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Well it's over! Harvick won and I got what I was looking for! Thought it was going to be more wrecks on the last 10 laps .

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Chase Elliott #9 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 wins his first race at Watkins Glen today! He has finished second 8 times and won his first race at a road course just like his dad Bill Elliott. Its neat to see how Chase has done the same thing as his dad.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I too get board watching cars go around in a circle.
Sunday’s Road Course I found entertaining.
Add in it was a great race in the end, and an interesting story to watch 18,come back up to 3rd.
The pit excitement with bodies and tires flying reminded me of a hockey game.
Why no penalties for letting a tire get out of the pit box ? Or maybe they just didn’t bring it up ?
Hope none of those pit guys got hurt.
First time I enjoyed watching NASCAR.
When they said they said they were going to “nonstop NASCAR “ I thought wow, the end of the race commercial free !
The split screen, with no audio, is stupider than just running the dumb commercials.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Loved JR getting out of his car and smothering the engine fire..
And 14 different manufacturers being represented.
I was born in 53. If they had NASCAR on in the nursery, I may have become a fan.

In related news, Brian France, who has been criticized for being hard to find some weekends, was arrested last night for OWI and pocession of OXY.
I hope he gets help.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Brian France, who has been criticized for being hard to find some weekends, was arrested last night for OWI and pocession of OXY.
I hope he gets help.
Yep I hope he does. He needs to go to the Nascar revaluation program to get reinstated by Nascar to be the CEO just like the drivers do. Mike Helton should take over all duties!