Nap Time II

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
I looked into or on the web site for the Smith System for being a safer more alert driver. The cost is $250.00 If anyone would be intrested in sharring in the costs with me I will be happy to share this with all.

If I could get five of us to chip in $50.00 we could all share this for a two week period each and I feel pay for this tape.

Anyone intrested? I hope so. You can private Mail me Thru E/O I am not intrested in making copies only sharring the tape.

mvbn1

Expert Expediter
Let me give you the Reader's Digest verison. Keep checking your mirrors. When I went through training to get my CDL-B, they used the Smith System, and the one item they kept going over and over, was checking your mirrors. Right mirror, Dash, Left mirror, dash, Right mirror, Dash, Left mirror, you get the idea.

wolfen

Expert Expediter
CFI was getting ready to start training drivers on the Smith System when Hubby left there to start the expedited job.

They sent safety messages all the time on the QC and he had to watch some videos a couple times and answer questions on it.

The 5 keys they teach are:

1. Aim high in steering

2. Get the big picture

3. Keep your eyes moving

4. Leave yourself an out

5. Make sure they see you

Easy to remember with this sentence, "All good kids like milk". I memorized it and didnt even work there.:)

Of course each of those sentences entails several things to watch for but its a general overview.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Those five items are on a sticker on the windshield right in front of me. The most important in my opinion is GIVE YOURSELF AN OUT..