my truck freighliner m2 road tested and checked steering components, found ...

move88888

Rookie Expediter
my truck is freighliner m2
road tested and checked steering components, found steering column faulty....
is it seriously? need to replace quickly?

Slacktide

Seasoned Expediter

"faulty" is a rather broad description, could we maybe get some further info on what parts are faulty. Can't really answer that 2nd question otherwise.

Just to be clear, whoever told you that it was faulty, are we sure they weren't referring to the "loose nut behind the steering wheel"?

Sorry couldn't resist. :D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Actually its nothing to worry about as long as the truck is legally parked with the brakes set.
Since you stated its faulty and thats all we can go by, I think only issue you will have is when the truck is actually moving. In my opinion it maybe worth getting it fixed.

A search of recalls on the older M2"s will show a lot of recalls on the M2s set up for school busses only or at least thats all I could find when my went bad.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
LOL... Yeah, we could really use a few more details. I'm wondering if it has to do with the telescoping action. When it's all the way out it's not locked in place, it will push back down. Mine's done it since it was new and I know there are others that do it. My thought is that it's so if you end up pushed into the wheel with force some of the energy will be absorbed and maybe you won't be hurt quite so bad. It's never bothered me that it's like that.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I allmost forgot about the telescoping option..Been so long since I used that, it maybe froze in place by now..Tilt I use everyday

RETIDEPXE

Veteran Expediter
Had my M2's strg column replaced early on under warranty because of the weak telescopic lock but now I wish I didn't since it is doing it again and have gotten used to it, and moron who installed it a the FL dealer in Texarkana LEFT ALL OF THE GUTS OUT FOR THE AUTO CANCEL TURN SIGNAL AND PRIED THE PLASTIC COLUMN COVER OFF NOT REALIZING THERE WERE SCREWS IN THERE.