"My name is Dieseldoesit and I like to drive..."

dieseldoesit

Seasoned Expediter
Was just at the workshop in Knoxville. Thankyou E/O, it was good information.
I am looking for a Company that would be good for someone from the South Ky area. I have been researching quite a few. If anyone has any input I would appreciate it. Does anyone know anything about Jabez out of Knoxville? I am not a Corporate type of guy and like to know the people I am working for and for them to know me. Also like to get paid with no hassles as I'm sure everyone else does. I know each person out there has their own reasons they work for who they do and each Co. is different. Just trying to scratch the ones off the list that are notorious for burning you.

Have been reading posts here for awhile now and really like what I read.

Thanks

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As has been said many times on here, in expediting where your company is in relationship to your home makes no difference. If your making money you would hardly ever be near the office. There are many successful people out here who have worked for a company for years and except for the day they signed on have never set foot in the office. Do not limit yourself when looking for who to drive for.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Start by going to the Find Jobs tab. Forget about getting burned. Contact all the companies there that fit your requirements. Narrow down your choices according to the responses you get. Take your short list and do a forum search on each of the companies, and read up. Take your short list and recall the people here who work for those companies (you'll run across a lot of these names when you do the previous step), and send the people a private message inquiring about their thoughts on the company they work for. Make your final decision and take the plunge. If you get burned, start over and try again.

I have a rule for starting over and trying again. Force yourself to stay wherever you sign on for a minimum of one year. If you can't survive a place for a year then you probably didn't do your homework properly. People know what goes into having bad credit, but they don't think about their employment history. People start hopping around two or three months at a time and before they know it they've become unemployable because of an unstable work history.

eb

eb

dieseldoesit

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks for all the feed back.

I will remember the job-hopping info. I have heard that before.
I am not that interested in the exact location of a company I am applying for, I do realize I will not be hauling from there. Just would like a company that gets me past the house occasionally ( I live just off the I-75corridor). I am doing all the searching on companies I possibly can to make sure I make a good choice based on the info they feed me, and what I can dig up. I will be taking the plunge soon, wish me luck.