Multi Carrier

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I might come across as a harsh douchebag but it makes my brain detonate when people run under the radar and cheap.

The problem is it's not under the radar anymore.
How much do you think Panther vans run for these days?

Too many people want to do this.
If very few wanted to do it the carriers would have to pony up a bigger share.

Back “in the day” car haulers built their own trailers. Ryder owned Delavan.
And they would cut them up rather than sell to what could become their competition.
They really had the market cornered. Rates easily supported the heavily unionized industry.
Once Bob and Tom could buy a decent trailer on the open market, they chased the big money, cut rates to get business. Once there were enough new entrants the race to the bottom started.

Similar to Expediting. Computers/cell phones made it easy. Websites tell how great it is.

RDDM TRANSPORT

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do what earns you a good income. If it's being a multi-carrier then do it. I run under my operating authority. I don't know of any carriers. That are offering great rates by my standards. I don't believe a few multi-carriers. Are able to influence the cargo rates that much.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
What's W O M?
The Owner of Unicorn Expediting , he has a wealth of knowledge..

Less Miles , More Net Money .

Everything I know I learned from Sgt Shultz - "I know nothing"

Murray's Mauraders are still pillaging and plundering away. Low key, low pressure and dispatch doesn't make a dime unless we are running. Not to mention the "interesting" work he does from a barstool.

As Mark said, he's going to be a new Dad at 49 so once he starts with diapers we may get some crap loads -