Multi Carrier

theshu

Active Expediter
Researching
Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any companies that allow multi carrier and also do a fair amount of runs to Canada. We are a h/w team with a long tall Transit. We had been working with a broker who did a lot of Canada work but they decided a few months ago not to allow multi carrier any longer. We miss doing the Canada runs and would like to start going again on a more regular basis.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of any companies that allow multi carrier and also do a fair amount of runs to Canada. We are a h/w team with a long tall Transit. We had been working with a broker who did a lot of Canada work but they decided a few months ago not to allow multi carrier any longer. We miss doing the Canada runs and would like to start going again on a more regular basis.

Curious ...
If that company was good, why didn't you sign up with them exclusively?

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
You might want to talk to someone at load one about team van runs.....john Elliott is the owner of load one and a member here.

theshu

Active Expediter
Researching

Curious ...
If that company was good, why didn't you sign up with them exclusively?
There were a number of issues and the multi carrier was just one of them. Chief among them is payments weren't being made on time and every time we called them out on it, we got more excuses and more lies. So when we were given a "them or me" ultimatum, the choice was pretty simple.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So you want to do multi so you can have multiple people lie to you and play with your money???
Find one legitimate carrier and sign on with them.
Thinking of legitimate carriers, did everyone’s favorite Irishman fall off his barstool? I don’t remember hearing of him lately.

Reactions: NorthernBill

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
So you want to do multi so you can have multiple people lie to you and play with your money???
Find one legitimate carrier and sign on with them.
Thinking of legitimate carriers, did everyone’s favorite Irishman fall off his barstool? I don’t remember hearing of him lately.
Murray has been keeping his Driver's very busy from what i have been reading over on the FB site . Bar stool wise is unknown...lol .. But he is going to be a Father of a Little Girl after the first of the year . So i think he is doing Fine ...

Less Miles , More Net Money .

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

He never said that.
Time to get out of the foxhole ....
There are legitimate multis out there .. maybe not many .. but they're out there.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

He never said that.
Time to get out of the foxhole ....
There are legitimate multis out there .. maybe not many .. but they're out there.

Will you agree that most people chasing money are doing the multi thing ?

And, if you pick three carriers that increases your odds of picking a bad carrier.

Last edited:

RDDM TRANSPORT

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator

These companies allow multi carriers. I'm unsure about the amount of Canadian runs. My advise is do what makes you happy. I don't like being on leash. When the equipment belongs to me. I like the freedom of being a multi-carrier.

Fast Exact
Millhouse
Panther brokerage
Xpo brokerage
Jung Express
Landstar
Fastmore
Nolan

Reactions: NorthernBill

theshu

Active Expediter
Researching
There are several reasons why we prefer multi carrier. It's not for everyone and we might someday decide to pick an exclusive. But multi has been working out for over 2.5 years so far. We are currently signed on with three companies...one of which does some Canada loads. We've asked for more but haven't gotten much of a response. But otherwise, we have been happy so far with all three.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
The multi carrier thing is a bad idea all around. When you are empty you have those carriers you are signed on with all bidding against each other for the same freight for your unit and driving prices down. Darn i dont know why this is so hard to understand. I have been in this business for 18 years and this is still a topic we see all the time. Stop the multi and sign on with an exclusive carrier, although that is difficult theses days cause the market is way over saturated with vans.

Reactions: jelliott

theshu

Active Expediter
Researching
The multi carrier thing is a bad idea all around. When you are empty you have those carriers you are signed on with all bidding against each other for the same freight for your unit and driving prices down. Darn i dont know why this is so hard to understand. I have been in this business for 18 years and this is still a topic we see all the time. Stop the multi and sign on with an exclusive carrier, although that is difficult theses days cause the market is way over saturated with vans.
Actually we only bid with one company at a time. Whichever one gets to us first gets our bid. We then go temporarily unavailable on the other two so we are not competing against ourselves. If the others can find another truck in the area and put in a bid for them, then there would be competition for the load. NONE of the companies we work with bid on anything without contacting us first for our bid so they shouldn't be driving down prices on any of our loads. We typically run in the $.85- $1.00 range on most of our loads so I don't think we're doing all that bad.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
$.85 - $1.00 a mile, are you kidding me? NO WAY!! I wont even sit in the seat and make driving sounds for that chump change. You should be running for twice that either you are running illegal or your allowing other carriers to screw you.
I won't touch anything for less than $2.00 for every mile that goes on the odometer and that's for dedicated cargo van work. 26 foot truck work averages $2.50 all miles $4.00 loaded. Stop running dirt cheap because all that does is drive the rates down.