More on smoking or non smoking.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
My relatives always seem to make it past 90 and many have made it past 100. Every one of them smoked. The 2 oldest people ever, a french woman 126 and a Porto Rican man 124, both smoked.
So all of you non-smoker fanatics, please back off because you have been unduly influenced by false propaganda. The truth is that when you take Tylenol, from the Time Warner winner of 2002 "the most trusted corporation in America", you should know that acetominephen (Tylenol) is the number one reason for chemical related visits to emergency rooms. It kills liver function which is why so many with arthrits end up in terrible pain unable to metabolize any pain reliever. In fact all pharmaceuticals are synthetic chemicals that I believe shorten lives significantly. I suspect that non-smokers also line up in greater numbers for the noxiously toxic flu shots every year too. There is great peril in believing the so called experts. The system wants you sick and paying, not healthy, wise and wealthy.
I will see you all in heaven. Please don't be impatient since you chemical taking non-smokers will be there a very long time before I show up.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sure why not,,they'll lose tax dollars...they'll regulate E-cigarettes like tobacco and tax the heck outta them!!!

U.S. senator seeks to ban electronic cigarettes pending more research

An American senator is asking the U.S. government to prevent the sale of so-called "electronic cigarettes" until more is known about them.
The devices resemble a real cigarette, but consist of a stainless steel tube with a chamber that holds liquid nicotine. The E-cigarettes have been marketed as a healthier alternative to tobacco, and since they do not need to be lit, some people are using them to evade smoking bans in public places.
The E-cigarette is powered by a rechargeable battery and produces a heated mist of nicotine that the smoker inhales.
New Jersey Sen. Frank R. Lautenberg sent the Food and Drug Administration a letter Monday saying that the agency should ensure E-cigarettes are not sold until they've been studied more.
An FDA spokeswoman says the agency will respond directly to the senator regarding his concerns.
Electronic cigarettes were first developed in China in 2004, and are now sold there as well as in Brazil, Canada, Finland, Israel, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Sweden, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
E-cigarettes have not undergone rigorous clinical trials in any country, although some distributors have done their own testing.
With files from the Associated Press

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
Sure why not,,they'll lose tax dollars...they'll regulate E-cigarettes like tobacco and tax the heck outta them!!!

U.S. senator seeks to ban electronic cigarettes pending more research

That is just so ridiculous. I think you are exactly right, if most smokers switched to the electronic cigarettes then that would be a huge chunk of tax money gone from the coffers. So, take them off the market, "study" them for a few years, bring them back as a "prescription", charge a fortune for them and add a hefty tax. Sometimes you just want to smack some of these lawmakers upside their head with a hard wood 2x4!

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
My relatives always seem to make it past 90 and many have made it past 100. Every one of them smoked. The 2 oldest people ever, a french woman 126 and a Porto Rican man 124, both smoked.
So all of you non-smoker fanatics, please back off because you have been unduly influenced by false propaganda. The truth is that when you take Tylenol, from the Time Warner winner of 2002 "the most trusted corporation in America", you should know that acetominephen (Tylenol) is the number one reason for chemical related visits to emergency rooms. It kills liver function which is why so many with arthrits end up in terrible pain unable to metabolize any pain reliever. In fact all pharmaceuticals are synthetic chemicals that I believe shorten lives significantly. I suspect that non-smokers also line up in greater numbers for the noxiously toxic flu shots every year too. There is great peril in believing the so called experts. The system wants you sick and paying, not healthy, wise and wealthy.
I will see you all in heaven. Please don't be impatient since you chemical taking non-smokers will be there a very long time before I show up.

Very Well Put! :D

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
The way I see it is "IF" Cigarette smoke smelled Like some Kind of Perfume(Not Taste like) Then my Guess is that 90% of these Non-Smokers wouldn't be Crying all the time. :D

bryan

Veteran Expediter
Hi.
I roll my own cigarettes.Even with the tax increase it still cost less than $10.00 per carton.And it is a nice way to kill time.Kind of theripeutic{spelling}.
The hand held machine cost $6.00, the filtered tubes $1.50 for 200 and the tobacco cost $16.00 for 6ozs, enough for 300 cigarettes.
Hint: to keep tobacco moist put apple peels in a ziplock bag then pock holes into it and place in sack of tobacco.A must with 16 oz sacks of tobacco. Also if you smoke lights either get light tubes or light tobacco not both, light tubes with light tobacco makes an ultra light cigarette.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to roll by hand...my Grand Dad taught me..he said if ya can't roll ya shouldn't smoke! A packa tabacca last a looong time by hand!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
My grand father died at 95 smoked everyday of his life.Smoking affects different people different ways,You see a person in a resturant with an oxygen bottle,results from their smoking,and you have others it doesnt bother.I smoked 5 packs a day,that was in 1988.I had a terrible cough,3 weeks after quitting cough went away.It was a hard thing quitting,had to stop drinking too,you know one goes with the other.That year I quit,Murphy's Law set in with my truck,had every reason to start back smoking,buy I didnt.It doesnt bother me when i see smokers,buy what I hate is when a person just lets the cigarette smolder,not even take a drag,now that smells