More B Unit Questions

rgoveia

Expert Expediter
I was wondering if someone could tell me if there is any laws or regulations prohibiting you from removing the passenger seat in a cargo van. I would like to take it out and build in some storage area or refrigerator. Thanks so much.

teacel

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
There aren't any laws saying you can't do that, but the company your leased to may have something in thier contract about it being in the van.

Lureveto

Expert Expediter
Tri State will require you to put the seat back in for a road test so be sure you don't go there after you take the seat out. They did that to a driver when I was there after orientation and he had to go home and put his seat back in just for the road test and then go home and take it back out again. Lucky for him he lived in Atlanta. All he had to do was run home and get his seat and run back. I would have told them ,,,,,,,well I think you get the idea.... Of course you probably weren't taking your van to Tri State anyhow ,,,,,you aren't are you??

rgoveia

Expert Expediter
Thanks for your responses, they are very aprreciated. As a matter of fact I am in the process of getting ready to sign on with Tri-State. I was reccomended by a owner operator to go with them because they will keep you busy where most of the other carriers will have setting alot. Is this good advice or is there something I should know about Trii-State? Thanks again

ihatejeffgordon

Expert Expediter
I am an o/o who just signed on w/ Tri State (I came from another carrier who's name I won't mention...but they're the really big one with the recruiting billboard on I465 in Indianapolis just east of the Flying J). having only been leased on for a few weeks, I probably don't have much room to talk, but that's never stopped me before, so here I go.
Don't let anyone scare you away from Tri State. the reason I came over was that i got sick of seeing thier units coming and going while my tires were developing flat spots from sitting for days on end. some folks say that when it comes down to it these carriers are all the same, but i think they all stink in thier own unique way, and you have to decide for yourself what you're willing to endure to make the big bucks like me ;)
Remember, Two wrongs don't make a right... but three lefts do. Keep it between the lines with the greasy side down.