Mitsubishi

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
Anybody out there driving a Mitsubishi?

Looking for some info on the specs for one set up for expediting.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
Ya, I would like to know more about these too. More city trucks for me though, the small LCF ones, what sort of reliability record do they have, are the engines any good, do they last, etc?

Shah786

Seasoned Expediter
I own a 2005 Mitsubishi FE-180 loved every minute of it never and i do mean never ever had a problem with it extremely reliable truck.i love the automatic exhaust brake system cause of it i barley use my brake pads FE-180 pay loads is 8000lbs i carried 10,000lbs without a problem.

Now my brother is driving it and truck is as good as it was the day i bought it.only reason i gave it up cause i was running into a payload problem most of the time customer call for 1 skid or 2 skids to pick up in the middle of the night but when i showed up for a pick up it was more then 2 or 3 skids and lot heavier then i could handle and i ended up buying a freight liner.

i hope this help i can only tell you about FE-180 its an excellent truck.

P51bombay

Expert Expediter
I own a 2005 Mitsubishi FE-180 loved every minute of it never and i do mean never ever had a problem with it extremely reliable truck.i love the automatic exhaust brake system cause of it i barley use my brake pads FE-180 pay loads is 8000lbs i carried 10,000lbs without a problem.

Now my brother is driving it and truck is as good as it was the day i bought it.only reason i gave it up cause i was running into a payload problem most of the time customer call for 1 skid or 2 skids to pick up in the middle of the night but when i showed up for a pick up it was more then 2 or 3 skids and lot heavier then i could handle and i ended up buying a freight liner.

i hope this help i can only tell you about FE-180 its an excellent truck.

That sounds very good, I was thinking of the FE125 to replace the Chevy Cutaway van which in a year and a half has had the water pump fail (which took around 2-3 days for the dealer to fix under warranty) and just the other day the U joints went south. All this while the M2 ST runs daily without fail and only minor issues. I see that they all use the same engine, does it make decent power? How about climbing ability and what sort of mileage were you getting? Oh, you mentioned an automatic engine brake - is that very noticeable when engaged? There's a lot of areas around here that prohibit EB use.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I was asking the Rev. if he was thinking about getting another truck and you said something about it would be for a straight truck and a one ton. Just kinda threw me off.

Shah786

Seasoned Expediter
That sounds very good, I was thinking of the FE125 to replace the Chevy Cutaway van which in a year and a half has had the water pump fail (which took around 2-3 days for the dealer to fix under warranty) and just the other day the U joints went south. All this while the M2 ST runs daily without fail and only minor issues. I see that they all use the same engine, does it make decent power? How about climbing ability and what sort of mileage were you getting? Oh, you mentioned an automatic engine brake - is that very noticeable when engaged? There's a lot of areas around here that prohibit EB use.

You see it all depends on how heavy the load you hauling if you are with the wind or against it + me being in Hamilton Ontario going up and down the hill all day long Prolly wouldn't be a good judge of diesel mileage but according to others that went long distance on it they have no complains.
power wise 0 to 60 will take time:( the maximum i was able to get out of her was 120km/hr empty and thats pushing it.automatic engine brake is an excellent excellent thing on that little truck and the only way you can tell its on is you notice the speed droping and light indicating on the dash board that your engine brake is on you could apply that brake next to MTO or DOT officer they will never no.
oh i also forget to mention another beautifull little feature(you can see i love this little truck)you don't have to lift the hood to check the engine oil there is a button inside the truck press it and it will tell you if your oil is good or u need oil excellent feature specially for the Canadian winters:D.