Missouri potential gun laws

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Article:

Holy Guacamole!
This could end up in a quagmire.

A 2nd Amendment Law nullifying on basis of the 10th Amendment.

Since President Lincoln, and the Civil War, the 10th Amendment has been thrown in the garbage. States have had zero power over their own laws once Federal Laws kick in.

But the whole point of the 10th Amendment is that not all states want to live exactly the same.

At a glance, people will read this, then say, it will not stand up.

But look again, the 2nd Amendment is a right that cannot be infringed on. It IS the Federal Law. This is a State Law based on Federal Law. Any law that contradicts the 2nd Amendment is opposed to Federal Law and our Constitution.

Personally, I believe Missouri has bigger problems than gun laws, but hey, it’s rallying the base, and if passed, will end up in a very sensitive Supreme Court Case, because if the 2nd Amendment can be void, and the 10th Amendment can be void by a Supreme Court decision, then we have a Constitution that grants us nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never understood how they got around state's rights in the first place and let it go

Yes I'm Canadian but our lazy politicians end up copying American law 75% of the time.

Reactions: Solar

Solar

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I never understood how they got around state's rights in the first place and let it go

Yes I'm Canadian but our lazy politicians end up copying American law 75% of the time.

American Civil War.
That’s how the States Rights and 10th Amendment became totally irrelevant.

Now the states make laws, and federal government picks and chooses which ones they recognize. For example, cannabis laws. By all constitutional standards, the state laws on cannabis should be supreme.

But, especially earlier on, Federal Government wasn’t recognizing it, and raiding places, not on any constitutional grounds, but on the grounds a government body declared it illegal.

This is why I’m for smaller Federal Government. I don’t want a “one size fits all” country. If you don’t like one state’s laws, move to one you do like.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Last edited:
Reactions: brokcanadian