Missing the THUMP!

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have A freightliner Columbia it has 2 speakers in the sleeper (6x9) and 1 in each door. The ones in the door sound like poop And very midrange the 2 sleeper speakers sound better I have to run it 3/4 to the sleeper and 1/4 doors to get A decent sound. It's no the stereo it''s the speakers anyone know of a place that does big truck stereos I also would like to get A subwoofer installed possibly under the bottom bunk so I can get that thump I like the bass guitar to rattle my ribcage and the kick drum to kick me in the chest. You know BOOM Lacka lacka BOOM.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
FYI, there's a little mom and pop sound shop within walking distance of the TA in Florence that can trick your sound very reasonably.

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Go with an independent shop. They kinda dig the challenge of working on a commercial truck. Craigslist can be a good source of local installation talent as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using EO Forums

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FYI, there's a little mom and pop sound shop within walking distance of the TA in Florence that can trick your sound very reasonably.

Do you know the name of that place? Is it easy to find from the TA?
THANKS

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Acquitted,

Yes, it's easy. Audio Works call 859-525-SUBS ask for Kevin. He did the work on the straight truck we gave away with Speedco and the show - Trick My Truck.

Plus, he's done work for my family and other people here at EO.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I don't remember everything from the 70's but I remember an Album by The Pat Travers Band that included Boom Boom,Out Go The Lights and Snorting Whiskey,Drinking Cocaine.
Not a recommended practice. Just an album I'd want again if I bought a thumpin' system.

MissKat

Expert Expediter
That's hilarious Zorry ...bet I know what you did with the souvenir in the Cheech and Chong album...

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . the souvenir in the Cheech and Chong album...

i287714642_61160_4.jpg

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Enjoying rock music,contrary to popular belief, does not guarentee partaking of the herb.

pearlpro

Expert Expediter
Just had a new Exceleon system and XM setup in my Freightliner, replaced the Indash 5 inch speakers with some 2 way HI POWER units and added two 6 x 9 Kenwoods in the sleeper, sounds great and with the remote I can sit in the sleeper and control it all, it has a USB input and 3.5 mini jack for I pod or XM input, the USB input lets you take MOP3s or WAV files off an external HDD Drive....I can plug my TV s output into it and its like HOME THEATRE....it sounds so much better and good clear sound makes it easier to hear.....no Subwoofer but the 6 X 9s have great bass output.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Can I hear it in the next row ?
I really hope that you guys have enough sense to respect other drivers with your loud stereos. I was at the Spiceland J last week and you could hear some idiot's music all over the front lot at 2 am. You also have to remember that many drivers, especially expediters, sleep all hours of the day.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thank you everybody I got some goodanswers to my question along with A few good chuckles (like from the Ragman) When we meet chow is on me.

BlindDriver

Active Expediter
I like my Rockford Fosgates. 6x9s in the rear and 6 1/2" in the front. I have a Punch sub with a 300 watt amp in the closet. The system is powered by an Alpine headunit. It's all very easy to install.