Mid Michigan

timberframe

Seasoned Expediter
I have 10 years or so experience in trucking. Ive owned 2 semis over the years and found it to be profitable. I have retired at a early age from the railroad and think I would enjoy 10 or 15 years in expediting. Is Mid Michigan a good location for expediting? Which companies have good freight in this area? Thanks for the return info.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Timberframe;

Mid-Michigan is a great area for Expediting. Any of the companies you see on ExpeditersOnline would more than likely put a vehicle on in your area.

Do your homework.

Thanks,

HotFr8Recruiter

timberframe

Seasoned Expediter
Thanks HotFR for your reply. Can you give me a idea as far as compariing possible income generated by the three different truck possibilities (Cargo Van, Straight, or a semi). Thank you again.

JohnMueller

Staff member
Motor Carrier Executive
Safety & Compliance
Carrier Management
Timberframe;

Average projections for solo owner-operators within the industry will be in the range of the following:

Vans - $900 to $1200 week

Straights - $1500 to $2200 week

Tractors - $2000 - $3500 week

With that said, the reality of any given week depends on the following:

* The driver's availability
* The restrictions that the driver places on the loads
* The availability of loads from the customers - trucking companies cannot make their customers ship
* The economy
* Being at the right place at the right time

Now, let me warm up my crystal ball so that I can tell you exactly what you will do....................................

Crystal ball not responding - the answer is clear - it is too tough to predict what anyone will do from one week to the next in this industry.

Keep smiling.

Thanks,
HotFr8Recruiter
:)