Metal detecting?

Pakrat

Seasoned Expediter
Just wondering if anyone has found time to do any detecting while on the road? If so, details!

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
I have I have a "whites MXT pro" It is alot of fun and a good way to get some exercise.If I have a layover somewhere, I will take a cab to where I want to go.School play grounds are always a good place to find stuff.Parks also you just need to call ahead if you know you are going to be sitting for the weekend somewhere to the local town hall to make sure you can.Some towns and citys public land is off limets to detecting.All federal parks of a no-no unless you like riding in the back of a cop car.Most states for the state parks you need a permit.Some are free some charge a small fee,Always have your permit on you when detecting.If a ranger tells you to go just go it is easier to find some other place then to fight a ticket.With most state parks where you can dig is restricted also the times of the day and year.

Here is a link to a forum that Is great.Some of these guys /gals are more then helpful.Have hooked up with a few when stuck somewhere for the weekend and done some hunting.Good luck and good hunting:DAlways fill your holes!!!!

Friendly Metal Detecting Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Pakrat

Seasoned Expediter
I sort of expected more replies than that! Any parks or places you know of in the bigger eastern states that are md friendly? In Waterloo, IA I got permission to md in a historic park in town, just got there, and got loaded out. Looked good too. They were putting in a parking lot and had scraped all the goodies into one pile! By the time I get back, all the goodies will prob be hauled away. Oh well. It was Exchange Park, btw, if you ever get by there.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
i want to start, it looks like a lot of fun and something dif

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We had a detector about 30 years ago. It was fun but not very successful at the time. I'm sure they're exponentially better by now.

mxzane933

Seasoned Expediter
We had a detector about 30 years ago. It was fun but not very successful at the time. I'm sure they're exponentially better by now.

you tube videos of some new ones, so easy to use and give you readings clearly of whats underneath

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums